Hi Everyone! I'm new and excited to be here!

Hi Everyone! I'm new and excited to be here!

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 4 votes

I’m based in Los Angeles and work as a real estate agent, but I’m here to start building my own investment portfolio. I’m even open to out-of-state deals, partnerships, and figuring out the best path forward — whether that’s BRRRR, house hacking, or even the occasional flip if the numbers make sense.

Right now I’m in the learning and positioning phase,  studying financing options, and talking to people who are actually out there doing it. Long-term goal: build a portfolio that has cash flow and gives me options.

If you’re a few steps ahead, I’m all ears. If you’re in the same boat, let’s connect and keep each other moving.

Let’s build it from the ground up.

🔨 💰
4Reply
28 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sean GrahamBusiness Member
    Investor , CPA · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 584 posts · 248 votes
    1y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets Community, Daniel!

    Maven Cost Segregation Tax Advisors554 Reviews
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 939 votes
    1y

    @Daniel Enriquez

    Welcome, Daniel — sounds like you’re approaching this with the right mindset!

    Since you're already in real estate, you've got a huge head start. Out-of-state investing can definitely work if you build solid local relationships and vet your team well. BRRRR and house hacking are both great entry strategies, depending on your financing options and risk tolerance.

    Keep connecting with others doing deals in markets you’re interested in — and don’t be afraid to take action once the numbers make sense. Momentum matters. Wishing you the best on your journey!

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2024 · 234 posts · 100 votes
    1y

    Hey @Daniel Enriquez! 

    Love the mindset!

    I'm in a similar boat and also working on building a portfolio that generates steady cash flow and long-term flexibility. Being a real estate agent already gives you a big advantage with deal flow and local insight, and combining that with smart financing and strategy like BRRRR or house hacking could really accelerate things. Especially if you're open to out-of-state markets.

    I'm based in Memphis, where I help investors source cash-flowing deals and build teams on the ground, so if you're ever exploring this market, I’d be happy to share what I’m seeing here. Let’s definitely stay connected! Always good to move forward with other hungry investors!

  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome. I would suggest that you take advice from those that are more than just a "few steps ahead." Best of luck to you.

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Daniel Enriquez! I'd recommend looking into markets with high rental demand, like the Midwest, where the numbers tend to make more sense. BRRRR can work well if you're able to accurately estimate rehab costs and after-repair value. For house hacking, focus on emerging neighborhoods with good rental potential. It's a great way to start building wealth with minimal risk. If you're considering partnerships, make sure everyone's roles are clear and goals are aligned. This way, you can move faster and avoid headaches down the road. Long-term, stay focused on cash flow, and your portfolio will grow with plenty of options down the line.

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · SoCal · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! Wishing you the best of luck and great success in your journey as both a real estate investor and agent.

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Hi Daniel,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! I like your mindset—starting with learning and connecting is the best foundation. Being open to different strategies like BRRRR, house hacking, or flips will give you flexibility as you grow your portfolio.

    I’d be happy to connect and share experiences, especially around building cash-flowing rentals and exploring partnerships. Let’s keep each other moving forward!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.