Fontana, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 2 votes
Hi, I'm new to the RI and BP. I'm motivated to get things moving and I'm trying to learn how I can get started with nothing. I plan on starting with birddogging(I think that's what it's called) then as I build some capital, I would like move into rentals and flipping. Does anyone know of some good groups in my area? Oh yeah, I'm also currently working full-time. Looking forward to this new adventure.
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.
Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over