Excited to Join – Legacy Construction: Building More Than Homes

Excited to Join – Legacy Construction: Building More Than Homes

Contractor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 17 votes

Hey BiggerPockets community! My name’s Jacob Guereca, founder of Legacy Construction here in Wisconsin. I’ve spent the last 10+ years mastering the trades, from concrete and roofing to electrical work (I’m a licensed Master Electrician). The moment I picked up a hammer I was hooked, and that passion still drives me every day, Everyday I strive to be a better tradesman and make a bigger impact on my community with the skills I have learned. Legacy Construction is more than a contracting company, we’re about building community and legacy. Along with residential and light commercial projects, I run a Helping Hand apprenticeship program to mentor youth and young adults, especially those with tough upbringings. We teach real skills, create job opportunities, and even help families with low-income or free repairs when possible. I joined BiggerPockets to: • Network with investors & developers interested in Wisconsin projects (we’re currently designing a multi-home cul-de-sac). • Share and learn strategies for scaling a mission-driven construction business. • Connect with like-minded builders and mentors who believe in giving back. I’d love to meet others working on similar projects or who share this passion for real estate that leaves a legacy. Feel free to reach out or drop your advice and favorite threads below, let’s build something great together! — Jacob Guereca Legacy Construction – Building More Than Homes, Building Community

0Reply
148 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Erie & Millscreek PA | Maggie Valley & Haywood County NC · Member since 2024 · 264 posts · 118 votes
1y

@Jacob Guereca
Love your mission, building homes and community is truly inspiring. The Helping Hand apprenticeship program sounds like such a meaningful way to give back while teaching real skills. I’m excited to see your multi-home cul-de-sac project come to life! I’d be glad to connect and exchange ideas on mission-driven construction and real estate investing in Wisconsin. Keep up the amazing work!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Erie & Millscreek PA | Maggie Valley & Haywood County NC · Member since 2024 · 264 posts · 118 votes
    1y

    @Jacob Guereca
    Love your mission, building homes and community is truly inspiring. The Helping Hand apprenticeship program sounds like such a meaningful way to give back while teaching real skills. I’m excited to see your multi-home cul-de-sac project come to life! I’d be glad to connect and exchange ideas on mission-driven construction and real estate investing in Wisconsin. Keep up the amazing work!

    • Contractor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 17 votes
      1y

      @Benjamin Louie 

      Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment Benjamin, it truly means a lot. Chasing this goal can feel tough at times, but I believe over time with consistency, I’ll meet like-minded people like you who share the same drive to make a difference on the youth and those in need of expensive repairs simultaneously. 

      So far I have two students, both 19. I see myself in them: young, dedicated, but lacking role models, something that can be dangerous for a young man. Watching their growth gives me a lot of hope.

      I’d love to connect and exchange ideas with you. I can already tell from your perspective that I could learn a lot from you.

  • Specialist · fremont, NE · Member since 2014 · 161 posts · 42 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jacob Guereca:

    Hey BiggerPockets community! My name’s Jacob Guereca, founder of Legacy Construction here in Wisconsin. I’ve spent the last 10+ years mastering the trades, from concrete and roofing to electrical work (I’m a licensed Master Electrician). The moment I picked up a hammer I was hooked, and that passion still drives me every day, Everyday I strive to be a better tradesman and make a bigger impact on my community with the skills I have learned. Legacy Construction is more than a contracting company, we’re about building community and legacy. Along with residential and light commercial projects, I run a Helping Hand apprenticeship program to mentor youth and young adults, especially those with tough upbringings. We teach real skills, create job opportunities, and even help families with low-income or free repairs when possible. I joined BiggerPockets to: • Network with investors & developers interested in Wisconsin projects (we’re currently designing a multi-home cul-de-sac). • Share and learn strategies for scaling a mission-driven construction business. • Connect with like-minded builders and mentors who believe in giving back. I’d love to meet others working on similar projects or who share this passion for real estate that leaves a legacy. Feel free to reach out or drop your advice and favorite threads below, let’s build something great together! — Jacob Guereca Legacy Construction – Building More Than Homes, Building Community


    If you ever want to go into big construction projects of +$10M, I have some people that do up to 100% LTC/LTV,

    • Contractor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 17 votes
      1y

      @Eddie Starr 

      Thanks Eddie, I appreciate that. Right now I’m focused on projects in the Wisconsin market, but I’m definitely looking at scaling up and partnering with the right capital groups. I’d be open to hearing more about your contacts and how they structure things on the $10M+ side. Let’s connect and see if there’s alignment.

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Love what you’re building, Jacob — both with Legacy Construction and your apprenticeship program. It’s awesome to see someone blending skill, community, and business the way you are. I’m an investor working on growing my portfolio and always looking to connect with reliable contractors and builders who ‘get’ the long-term vision. Curious — when you team up with investors, what do you usually find works best to keep projects moving smoothly for both sides?

    • Contractor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 17 votes
      1y

      @Terrance Hill 

      Thanks Terrance, your support means a lot. For me, the key to keeping projects smooth with investors has always been clear upfront communication and setting expectations early. I like to make sure both sides know the vision, budget, and timeline before we break ground, and then keep things transparent with regular updates along the way. I’ve found that when investors feel they’re never in the dark, trust builds quickly and decisions get made faster.

      I’d be happy to connect and learn more about what you’re building in your portfolio as well, sounds like there could be a good fit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.