New to Bigger Pockets, looking to connect with great people

New to Bigger Pockets, looking to connect with great people

Champaign, IL · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Good Morning everyone,

My name is Tony and I am new to Bigger Pockets. I am looking to start my journey on flipping properties. I want to flip homes for a couple different reasons. 1) I love the city I live in and want to make an impact in it to better the community and 2 I just love real estate, flipping, and investing.

I live in Champaign, Illinois and am a 25 year old restaurant manager. I am very successful and love what I do to the pay the bills, but every free minute I have, it is either working on my current home, or looking for the next project. I am very skilled in construction and have a background doing tons of construction work, I am a very hands on type of person. I am looking to hopefully meet up with someone who wants to partner together to make money and invest in some properties together.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first post!

Tony

1Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engineer · Savoy, IL · Member since 2013 · 92 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    Tony!

    Welcome! I'm also 25 and looking to get more involved in REI. I have been working on my duplex and understand the "every spare minute is spent..." thing. I'm working to finalize my RE broker's license so I can better find deals.

    It's great to see you on BP! Welcome and feel free to reach out!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Tony.

  • Scott DixonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Champaign, IL · Member since 2012 · 192 posts · 74 votes
    12y

    Hey @Tony Moenck

    Welcome to BP, no better place to get started and pursue education in real estate investing. I am also a local to the Champaign / Urbana area and slowly but surely getting more experience in real estate investing.

    We are overdue for a local Chambana BP meet up and should be putting something together in the near future. Good luck in starting out and let me know if you have any questions or properties where you want a 2nd opinion.

    Scott

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Tony Moenck Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Also - be sure to check out the post "House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets." It's a collection of the best flipping info from the site.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Champaign" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.