Hi Everyone! I'm Jen and I'm just getting started in real estate investing. I've read books, listened to podcasts and have been reading through the BP forums. I'd like to buy SFH with the intention of renting rooms to college students and/or young working professionals in the early parts of their career.
I’m here to learn, connect, and add value where I can. If you’re investing in student rentals, I’d love to follow your posts and learn from your experience. Looking forward to being a contributing member of the BP community.
Hi Everyone! I'm Jen and I'm just getting started in real estate investing. I've read books, listened to podcasts and have been reading through the BP forums. I'd like to buy SFH with the intention of renting rooms to college students and/or young working professionals in the early parts of their career.
I’m here to learn, connect, and add value where I can. If you’re investing in student rentals, I’d love to follow your posts and learn from your experience. Looking forward to being a contributing member of the BP community.
Good work on getting started Jen! You need to buy in an out of state market. Your money will go much further. Choose a good cash flowing market in the Midwest where you can put down 15% down and buy a cash flowing property.
Tons of tech companies are investing there like intel, google, amazon. Good market for cashflow and strong appreciation.
Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 79 votes
7mo
Hey@Jen Duguies good to meet you. I'm based in SoCal as well. My partners and I invest in larger multifamily out of state. Happy to connect if you'd like
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
7mo
Hey Jen! Student rentals can be solid cash flow if you nail the management side. One thing that saved me tons of headaches: screen roommates as a group, not individually. When they all sign together and know each other, way less drama and turnover. Plus set clear house rules upfront about guests, noise, cleaning rotation. Are you looking at properties near specific colleges or casting a wider net?