New Pro Member having moved from Toronto Canada to Phoenix Arizona!

New Pro Member having moved from Toronto Canada to Phoenix Arizona!

Marc OliverPro Member
Member since 2025 · 34 posts · 13 votes

Hello everyone,

My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

4Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Sean GrahamBusiness Member
Investor , CPA · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 584 posts · 248 votes
7mo
Quote from @Marc Oliver:

Hello everyone,

My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Welcome to the community, @Marc Oliver. Coming in with tenant and management experience gives you a significant edge as you transition into Arizona acquisitions, as operators who understand tenants and management tend to underwrite deals more realistically from the outset.

Maven Cost Segregation Tax Advisors554 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sean GrahamBusiness Member
    Investor , CPA · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 584 posts · 248 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Marc Oliver:

    Hello everyone,

    My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Welcome to the community, @Marc Oliver. Coming in with tenant and management experience gives you a significant edge as you transition into Arizona acquisitions, as operators who understand tenants and management tend to underwrite deals more realistically from the outset.

    Maven Cost Segregation Tax Advisors554 Reviews
  • Specialist · Philadephia · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7mo

    Moving to Phoenix, smart. The west side's been hot—85035, 85009, and 85019. Lots of inherited properties and tired landlords right now. I'm driving those neighborhoods weekly; shoot me a DM if you want me to keep an eye out for anything specific.

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Marc Oliver:

    Hello everyone,

    My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Are you looking for introductions or properties or ??
    • Marc OliverPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2025 · 34 posts · 13 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Marc Oliver:

      Hello everyone,

      My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Are you looking for introductions or properties or ??

       Both!

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Marc Oliver:
      Quote from @Ken M.:
      Quote from @Marc Oliver:

      Hello everyone,

      My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Are you looking for introductions or properties or ??

       Both!

      Feel free to private message me, I can't discuss opportunities in the forums, Bigger Pockets doesn't like it.
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    7mo

    Welcome to the Phoenix area, you'll love it!!!

  • Patrick O'SullivanBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2024 · 534 posts · 205 votes
    7mo

    Welcome to BP, @Marc Oliver! 

    Phoenix has some hot neighborhoods and plenty of opportunities right now, so getting plugged into local networks is key. Attending local meetups, connecting with wholesalers, and building relationships with property managers (it sounds like your wife has that covered!) can really accelerate finding good deals.

    get MULTIfamily Property Management4.7221 Reviews
  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Marc Oliver:

    Hello everyone,

    My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.


     Tempted to follow your footsteps.. I am sick of the winters here

    • Marc OliverPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2025 · 34 posts · 13 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Hai Loc:
      Quote from @Marc Oliver:

      Hello everyone,

      My Name is Marc Oliver. I am a commercial real estate agent in Toronto Canada and I've made the move down to Scottsdale Arizona. I currently co-own 4 Investment properties in the greater Toronto area totaling 10 Commercial Tenants and 9 residential tenants. Down here in Arizona I am looking to getting into fix and flips and long term holds. My wife also has a property management company for single family home and HOA property management. I'm looking to meet like minded individuals in the Phoenix area and elsewhere as I am open to working in different markets. Looking forward to hearing from you.


       Tempted to follow your footsteps.. I am sick of the winters here


       The winters is one thing. What about taxes? Quality of life? Cost of living? I can tell you from someone on the other side things are so much better south of Canada. We are so much happier here. Feel free to DM me and happy to discuss the process with you. 

  • Grant SchroederPro Member
    Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 599 posts · 312 votes
    7mo

    Welcome @Marc Oliver! If you have not already, I highly recommend connecting with @Jeremy Holden! He is a wealth of knowledge for the Scottsdale & Phoenix metro as a local investor and realtor there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.