Central Arkansas introduction.

Central Arkansas introduction.

Member since 2022 · 30 posts · 8 votes

Hey all, I'm from Central Arkansas, ive been in the investing realm for a decade now. I've owned single family LTRs, STRs, commercial, multi-family, and Rv resorts. I'm a licensed General Contractor "residential builders license" I'm a licensed home inspector and a licensed real estate agent. I started out investing and remodeling my own property's as well as my uncles and doing property maintenance. Then I moved to full GC and started soley working with investors, I've owned a hvac company an a dumpster company and sold both. We averaged around 70-80 projects a year on the GC side and last year we did Property maintenance we did 900k in gross revenue for 6 different property management companies. fast forward I got my home inspectors license and then recently got my real estate license I'm also working on getting my PMP certification "project management professional" I've also gotten my PMI-CP "project management institute construction professional" as well as my OSHA-30 certification. I'd love to connect with other investors , agents, and contractors!

my main goal is to help others transact business more agile in today's environment. 

3Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Bill HamptonBusiness Member
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 978 votes
6mo

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Great resume. 

Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 978 votes
    6mo

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Great resume. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 698 posts · 253 votes
    6mo

    Hey@Matthew Bates, great background—you’ve clearly built a strong foundation across multiple sides of the industry. Having experience as an investor, GC, inspector, and now a licensed agent gives you a perspective that a lot of people in the business don’t have. Running that level of project volume and supporting property managers at scale is impressive.

    Sounds like you’re very well positioned to help investors move deals faster and more efficiently in today’s market. Wishing you continued success building connections and expanding your network in Central Arkansas. Always great to see professionals bringing real experience and value to the investor community.

    JCREIG Capital Funding
    • Member since 2022 · 30 posts · 8 votes
      6mo

      @J Castro thank you. I know I can't use all my licenses on every deal, but it's the label and the experience I aim to use to help whomever my clients are in every deal I can assist, I don't like seeing someone being taken advantage of so with my licenses I can always give a fresh set of eyes or opinions on a subject matter if something smells fishy. 

    • J CastroBusiness Member
      Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 698 posts · 253 votes
      6mo
      Quote from @Matthew Bates:

      @J Castro thank you. I know I can't use all my licenses on every deal, but it's the label and the experience I aim to use to help whomever my clients are in every deal I can assist, I don't like seeing someone being taken advantage of so with my licenses I can always give a fresh set of eyes or opinions on a subject matter if something smells fishy. 


      Well said, that mindset is what really sets professionals apart.

      Having multiple licenses is one thing, but actually using that experience to protect clients and add real value is where it counts. A lot of people don’t realize how important it is to have someone who can spot red flags early, especially in more complex deals.

      That “fresh set of eyes” can make the difference between a solid deal and a costly mistake. Good to see you taking that approach.

      JCREIG Capital Funding
  • Brad SeidBusiness Member
    Lender · Licensed in 28 States · Member since 2026 · 161 posts · 46 votes
    6mo
    Quote from @Matthew Bates:

    Hey all, I'm from Central Arkansas, ive been in the investing realm for a decade now. I've owned single family LTRs, STRs, commercial, multi-family, and Rv resorts. I'm a licensed General Contractor "residential builders license" I'm a licensed home inspector and a licensed real estate agent. I started out investing and remodeling my own property's as well as my uncles and doing property maintenance. Then I moved to full GC and started soley working with investors, I've owned a hvac company an a dumpster company and sold both. We averaged around 70-80 projects a year on the GC side and last year we did Property maintenance we did 900k in gross revenue for 6 different property management companies. fast forward I got my home inspectors license and then recently got my real estate license I'm also working on getting my PMP certification "project management professional" I've also gotten my PMI-CP "project management institute construction professional" as well as my OSHA-30 certification. I'd love to connect with other investors , agents, and contractors!

    my main goal is to help others transact business more agile in today's environment. 

     @Matthew Bates 

    Welcome! That’s an incredible depth of experience. You’ve pretty much built a full ecosystem around real estate from the ground up.

    From investing across multiple asset classes to running high-volume GC operations and property maintenance, plus adding inspections and licensing on the agent side… that’s a rare combination. Being able to see deals from construction, operations, and transaction angles is a massive advantage, especially in today’s market where execution speed and accuracy matter more than ever.

    Your goal of helping others move more agile really stands out too. That’s exactly what a lot of investors are missing right now. Someone who understands how to actually get deals done efficiently, not just analyze them.

    Glad you’re here. You’re going to bring a ton of value to this group, and I’m sure a lot of people will want to connect and collaborate 👊

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.