Real Estate Agent · Woodstock, Ga. · Member since 2026 · 1 post · 2 votes
Just getting started at 50. Looking forward to gaining ground and making connections. I don't have 30 years to learn, so I'm eager to learn from this community.
Real Estate Agent · Cumming, GA · Member since 2025 · 26 posts · 14 votes
5mo
Hey Scott!
Welcome aboard. My wife and I are a realtor team in North ATL and love Woodstock! We work with all types of clients: first time homebuyers, seasoned investors, and everyone in between. I'll send you a DM so we can connect.
Age is just a number. And trust me... I know people with 30 years of learning / "experience" who aren't doing anything with that experience and people with 2 years experience who are doing great things.
Here are my TOP 3 suggestions for getting started out.
1) Find a local REIA networking group and SHOW UP to at least 75% of the meetups year round. 2) Pick 1-2 things you would like to do in Real Estate (Rentals, FLIPPING, Wholesaling, Realtor / Sales, etc) and focus on that. Don't get distracted. 3) Be clear on what you are needing from others and what you have to offer others. Real Estate is a team sport (whether you work for yourself or not).
Ditto what Scott said. This online forum is great, but you need to find whatever local group of real estate investors/landlords exists in your area and connect...with participation. And remember, you don't need to know everything before you get started with your first property. You will learn along the way.
Lender · FL · Member since 2025 · 86 posts · 30 votes
5mo
Hey Scott,
The good news is real estate doesn’t require 30 years to learn. With the right strategy, education, and network, you can make meaningful progress much faster than you might expect. Many investors build strong portfolios in 5–10 years by staying focused and surrounding themselves with the right people.
This community is full of individuals willing to share knowledge and help each other grow. Wishing you a lot of success on your journey, and don’t hesitate to ask questions along the way.
Not sure what your experience in renovations is like but if you can find something needing light cosmetic updates or turnkey that gives you a good return, I'd say go that route (single family / duplex - doesn't really matter). Just something to get your feet wet and keep moving on from there.
Real Estate Agent · Cumming, GA · Member since 2025 · 26 posts · 14 votes
5mo
Hey Scott!
Welcome aboard. My wife and I are a realtor team in North ATL and love Woodstock! We work with all types of clients: first time homebuyers, seasoned investors, and everyone in between. I'll send you a DM so we can connect.