New Member Into - Isaac :)

New Member Into - Isaac :)

Lender · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 9 votes
Hey everyone! My name is Isaac. I work for a non-QM lender specializing in DSCR loans and creative financing solutions for real estate investors. I also originate loans when the opportunity presents itself, so I’m very familiar with the financing side of investment real estate. I’m here because I’m looking to start building my own real estate portfolio, learn what separates a great investment property from an average one, and grow my network along the way. While I have a strong understanding of financing and loan structuring, I know there’s still a lot to learn when it comes to analyzing deals and investing successfully. Looking forward to learning from everyone here, contributing where I can, and being part of the community!
4Reply
89 views

Most Popular Reply

Memphis, TN · Member since 2024 · 180 posts · 223 votes
2mo

Hi @Isaac Gaetano

Welcome to Bigger Pockets! 

We work with a lot of out of state investors getting into their first deal with us in Memphis. No matter which market you're looking at, I would prioritize building your team first and then taking a look at some deals. You need a solid Realtor or Realtors that are sourcing deals for you, a strong property management group, and a great contractor. I always stress these 3 contacts with our clients before they get started investing. 

Best of luck! 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2024 · 180 posts · 223 votes
    2mo

    Hi @Isaac Gaetano

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! 

    We work with a lot of out of state investors getting into their first deal with us in Memphis. No matter which market you're looking at, I would prioritize building your team first and then taking a look at some deals. You need a solid Realtor or Realtors that are sourcing deals for you, a strong property management group, and a great contractor. I always stress these 3 contacts with our clients before they get started investing. 

    Best of luck! 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2mo
    Quote from @Isaac Gaetano:
    Hey everyone! My name is Isaac. I work for a non-QM lender specializing in DSCR loans and creative financing solutions for real estate investors. I also originate loans when the opportunity presents itself, so I’m very familiar with the financing side of investment real estate. I’m here because I’m looking to start building my own real estate portfolio, learn what separates a great investment property from an average one, and grow my network along the way. While I have a strong understanding of financing and loan structuring, I know there’s still a lot to learn when it comes to analyzing deals and investing successfully. Looking forward to learning from everyone here, contributing where I can, and being part of the community!

     Welcome!

    Be careful of self-promotion, which is only allowed on the Classifieds Forum.

    Violationing posts will be removed by the Moderators, who may also suspend you for multiple violations.

    DM me if you'd like a BP "tour":)

    • Lender · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 9 votes
      2mo

      @Drew Sygit 

      hey sorry, I wasn't meaning to self promote, I was just stating what I do and what got me interested in investing :) 

    • Lender · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 9 votes
      2mo

      @Drew Sygit I'm not really sure how to message you! I don't have an option. Can you shoot me a message?

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2mo
    Quote from @Isaac Gaetano:
    Hey everyone! My name is Isaac. I work for a non-QM lender specializing in DSCR loans and creative financing solutions for real estate investors. I also originate loans when the opportunity presents itself, so I’m very familiar with the financing side of investment real estate. I’m here because I’m looking to start building my own real estate portfolio, learn what separates a great investment property from an average one, and grow my network along the way. While I have a strong understanding of financing and loan structuring, I know there’s still a lot to learn when it comes to analyzing deals and investing successfully. Looking forward to learning from everyone here, contributing where I can, and being part of the community!
    Welcome to BP, Isaac! It sounds like you're coming in with a great foundation already. Having a solid understanding of DSCR loans and creative financing is a huge advantage because you'll be able to recognize opportunities that a lot of newer investors overlook. The biggest shift now is learning how to evaluate the property itself. I'd spend time getting comfortable with running rental comps, estimating rehab costs, calculating cash flow, and understanding what drives appreciation in a market. Looking at hundreds of deals—even the ones you don't buy—is one of the fastest ways to build that skill. Since you're looking to network, you're definitely in the right place. There are a lot of experienced investors here who are generous with sharing what has and hasn't worked for them. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have!
    • Lender · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 9 votes
      2mo

      @Jimmy Lieu 

      Hey jimmy. I'm very comfortable at looking at rental comps on an appraisal, but how do I go about finding comparable myself? Is it just as simple as looking at other rentals a couple miles away and making an educated guess? 

  • James WachobBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
    2mo

    Hi @Isaac Gaetano. Welcome to the community! It sounds like you already have a strong foundation from the financing side, which is a huge advantage. Understanding DSCR loans and creative financing gives you insight that many new investors don't have.

    As you start building your own portfolio, I'd focus on sharpening your deal analysis and market selection. Great financing can enhance a good deal, but it can't fix a bad one. The investors I've seen succeed consistently are the ones who buy in markets with strong rental demand, underwrite conservatively, and build a reliable local team.

    I'm a real estate agent based in Memphis and work with out-of-state investors building rental portfolios. We work with many investors using DSCR financing, and Memphis continues to be a popular market because of its affordability, strong rental demand, and cash-flow potential.

    It sounds like you'll be able to add a lot of value to the community from the lending perspective while picking up the investing experience you're looking for. Best of luck as you build your portfolio, and if you ever want to discuss investment opportunities or learn more about the Memphis market, I'd be happy to connect and help however I can.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.