Investor turned Agent: Northshore and Baton Rouge Focus

Investor turned Agent: Northshore and Baton Rouge Focus

Mandeville, LA · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself to the community as a newer member. I’ve been investing in real estate since 2022 and have developed a passion for value‑add residential deals. Most recently, that passion led me to earn my Louisiana salesperson license and join Realty Connect as a referral‑only agent while I continue in my W‑2 role. I’m here primarily as an investor, but I’m also interested in learning from other's experiences and connecting with a like-minded community.

1Reply
107 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
    2mo

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Michael.

    I followed a similar path. I started out investing before getting my real estate license back in 2013, and I think having an investor's mindset has made me a much better broker. Understanding how to analyze deals, estimate rehab costs, and evaluate returns allows you to provide a level of value that goes well beyond simply helping someone buy or sell a property.

    I'm a broker, investor, and owner of a redevelopment company based in the Greater New Orleans area. If you're ever looking to bounce ideas around, compare notes on deals, or discuss the Louisiana market, feel free to reach out.

    Best of luck, and welcome to the BiggerPockets community.

  • Michael BoutwellPro Member
    OP
    Mandeville, LA · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2mo

    Thanks for the welcome, Braden — really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like we’ve got a similar mindset here in the New Orleans area, and it’s great to connect with another local investor.

  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 716 posts · 555 votes
    2mo

    Great to meet you, it sounds like you are on a good path. I see you are in Mandeville so thought it was worth mentioning that the North Shore REIA does a meeting in Covington once a month. I am from the Southshore but try and go as much as I can as it is a good meetup. Maybe I will see you there sometime.

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.