New Investor Orlando, FL

New Investor Orlando, FL

Mark SeverinoPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes

Hi, BP Community!

My name is Mark Severino and I have just recently moved to Orlando, FL from NYC. 

I moved here for a job and currently work in the logistics field. Previously I was a real estate agent in New York and also served a tour of duty in Afghanistan with the Army (any veterans out there investing with the VA loan?).

Currently renting an apartment, which though I absolutely love, I am looking to buy when the lease is up. So the first goal would be to "hack my housing" with a small multifamily or live in flip where I add value to property bought under market value, thanks for the idea Brandon Turner! Did I mention I was a huge fan of the podcast?

Anyway, to wrap up if there are people local to my area that have recommendations on REI clubs, meet ups, brokers (investor friendly, I am looking to get a FL RE agent license), or otherwise would like to network I welcome any and all advice.

Did someone say coffee? Sure, I got you =)

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Altamonte Springs, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 17 votes
12y

Hi Mark and welcome to BP.

Go to CFRI.net and look on the calendar of events.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Altamonte Springs, FL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Hi Mark and welcome to BP.

    Go to CFRI.net and look on the calendar of events.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    12y

    Hello Mark!  Welcome to BP and Orlando!  What part of town are you in?  I just joined the local re group, CFRI and it's a really good group.  There is a meeting or function almost every day.  

  • Levi BennettPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 248 votes
    12y

    Hey welcome. I jus moved here as well.. also jumped into a lease and hoping to buy next year for an investment. I'm in Southwest Orlando, and I also had a 6 year career in logistics. Mind if I ask which part of the supply chain you work on? I'm transitioning into RE full time, as I jus completed my licensing, and will begin at a firm next week focused on investments, and single family homes around Disney. Would love to talk or get coffee sometime.

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Alright CFRI is in the running! Haha. Thanks for the warm welcome @Patrick Jacques and @Vladimir Gonzalez! I'll check out the website now and start attending in Sept (when I get back from some military training). 

    I am live downtown and hope that I can stay close to that area once I buy the next property to move into.

    Looking forward to meeting you!

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Hey @Levi Bennett, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, let's go grab a coffee when I get back. I would love to pick your brain, especially since I am looking to do my RE license as well. I work in transportation right now and am managing the region for my company. Crazy busy, but I don't want that to be an excuse for not meeting the right people. Which firm are you going to work for?

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Mark Severino  welcome to the site! Thanks for the shout out! It's great that you're listening to the podcast. I actually have a weekly webinar, you might be interested with that as well. :)

    See you around!

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

    @Brandon Turner I'll search the site for the webinar, that is definitely something that interests me.

    Does anyone have an websites that they use to research their market? Specifically I am looking at my own in Florida. 

    Thanks again!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Mark Severino  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome @Dmitriy Fomichenko !

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Mark Severino - webinar: http://www.biggerpockets.com/webinar 

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Registered and looking forward to it @Brandon Turner !

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 303 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Mark Severino 

    I live downtown, if you are ever in my neck of the woods, let me know and we can grab a drink.

    @Levi Bennett  Where are you going to hang your license at?

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Hey @Justin Stamper thanks for the welcome. When I get back in Sept I would love to meet up!

  • Levi BennettPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 248 votes
    12y

    @Justin Stamper : I am hanging at Century 21 - Team Feltrim. Specifically working out of the Windermere office (they have 4 offices). 

    What makes this office special, is that in addition to doing all the normal stuff a real estate office does with listing and buying for residential, the owners also develops their own property into huge resorts geared for the international investor. Our sales team usually gets a special incentive to sell before market with a massive commission, bonus'.. etc.. here are a few that developed or in development:

    http://www.tuscanaresort.com/

    http://www.fountainsatchampionsgate.com/

    There are more without a website, and even more developments under contract.. anyway, this team is very investor-focused, so that's why I joined this team. 

    Do you guys have your real estate license? Or interested in investing in the area?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 303 votes
    12y

    @Levi Bennett 

    Thats cool man I know both developments. I hang my license with Investment Homes Direct just outside of Downtown Orlando.  

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    @Levi Bennett that's pretty interesting. I'll look you up when I get back to Florida in a few weeks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 130 votes
    12y

    I'll be at some of the upcoming CFRI classes.  Let me know if any of you plan on attending.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Mark Severino welcome to the site! It's great to have you and you should check out keyword alerts to help you in your networking. Also, if you like you can check out this page to get to know more about how to use biggerpockets.com: http://www.biggerpockets.com/tour.

    See you around the site!

    BiggerPockets
  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Salamat @Dave Visaya !

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.