Homeowner · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2012 · 6 posts · 3 votes
Hello!
My name is George Frick and I'm a software developer and homeowner in the Milwaukee area; specifically Bay View.
My wife and I are looking to buy our first duplex in the Bay View area for long term buy and hold.
I grew up the son of a contractor working for many of Milwaukee's landlords refurbishing apartments between tenants. I've seen a few things in my time; but now I mostly work on projects in my own home.
We're hoping to run a positive business; keeping properties attractive and working to keep tenants involved in their community.
Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
12y
Welcome to BP community @George Frick It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 811 posts · 420 votes
12y
Welcome to BP George. I also live in Bay View--great area. I'm looking to buy outside of Bay View for buy and hold though. Hard to beat the 1% rule in Bay View, let alone the 2% rule.
Welcome to BP George. I also live in Bay View--great area. I'm looking to buy outside of Bay View for buy and hold though. Hard to beat the 1% rule in Bay View, let alone the 2% rule.
That's why it is great that it's a rule of thumb! We're looking at a lot of factors; especially for a first duplex. After the first, we may go beyond Bay View.