New Investor from Richmond Hill Ontario!

New Investor from Richmond Hill Ontario!

Real Estate Investor · Richmond Hill, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP, 

My name is Ryan Dukelow, I'm a whopping 20 years old and I have been addicted to the of real estate investing ever since the idea crossed my mind. I work as a heavy equipment operator for a sewer and water main company in downtown Toronto, but I have the ambition to do more than just work for someone else every day. 

I came to BP because I have been doing a lot of reading recently ( Books, blogs etc.) and I want to further my education. I thought what better way then the chance to talk to people with experience. I have been looking at student rentals, single and multi-family homes and condo rentals, where I can flip or buy and hold. I understand that it is a very big range, but I want to remain open to any niche until I find the right deal.

I look forward to meeting some people!

Ryan

0Reply
20 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Ryan Dukelow welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:

    The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Books Ever

    How to Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide

    How to Be a Landlord: Ten Tips for Success

    How to Start Investing In Real Estate at a Young Age

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    See you around the site!

  • Investor · Stouffville, Ontario · Member since 2011 · 213 posts · 65 votes
    12y

    Hi Ryan, I'm just up in Newmarket and have been investing for 6+ yrs, I own a wide range of properties from single family to multifamily. The links that Brandon posted above are great.. If you want some Canadian Content and info let me know, I would be happy to share it. 

    I would suggest to keep educating yourself and talk to people that have DONE IT before. There are a lot of strategies. I would get to know some of the them and then choose one and learn everything you can about it before moving onto the next one. 

  • Ontario · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Hi Ryan,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets You will learn a lot from this site even by just reading the daily forum but Gary is right. Immerse yourself with the different references materials Brandon itemized  above.

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Ryan Dukelow ! You are way ahead of most folk when it comes to "figuring it out".  Real Estate is such a great way to obtain finiancial freedom, and there is no resource better, in my personal opinion, than the BP community.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Ryan Dukelow welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.