Young New Yorker beginning my path to financial freedom

Young New Yorker beginning my path to financial freedom

Newark, NJ · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 5 votes

Hello there Bigger Pockets community, My name is Adrian and I am an aspiring REI/Entrepreneur. I've always been the odd man out in life. While people my age focused on the simple things I always had my eyes towards the future and my success. I have had amazing opportunities to witness the life of the wealthy first hand, and I would like to create that freedom from myself. My reasons for choosing real estate as a stepping stone (permanent one) is simple. I love the buy and sell game and I love having the ability to buy something that not only pays itself off but puts extra money in my pockets. I am very ambitious, I want to someday own my own luxury hotels as well as luxury condo buildings. I want to run a fortune 500 company that I built from the ground up and I want my own tower with my name on it to leave a legacy that will inspire others to work and achieve their goals. with those ambitions, I know that it will require a lot of work, and a lot of time to reach those goals, but this is where real estate will pave the way for that success. I am currently starting with nothing as a college kid with a part time job there isn't much in the money department for me so that is why I am beginning with wholesaling. Wholesaling is a great icebreaker into the investment world and I am actively looking for my first deal to take what I have learned into practice. after that I want to form my own company and begin taking on fix and flips, as well as rental properties. as my capital and reputation grow I would like to take on new construction and commercial and constantly build until I reach my tower hotels and condos. I have other interests as well that I want to pursue. I want to own my own road race track, I love fast cars and I love racing so owning my own road track in the states would be a giant dream come true. but like I said that will all come in time for now I am on step one and I hope to meet other investors new and old on this forum and begin this venture in Real Estate.

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to give a semi thorough look at who I am and what my goals are. See you on the forums  

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    We are buy and hold investors. We got started as poor college students at 23. I was right out of my masters program and my husband had been working for a little over 2 years. We work full time and invest in real state on the side. We work on our real estate and our personal careers equally hard. Every raise we get from our careers is more money for our investments.  Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

    P.S. Don't worry about being the odd man out. Your are the odd man in HERE :) My husbands friends still call me the slum landlord but after 3 years we are finally get the calls to "pick our brain". After you prove your self, you will be accepted as eccentric just not stupid :)

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Adrian Valdez

    Welcome to the community! Now get active. Read blogs, ask questions, and I always suggest a podcast marathon. Good luck!

  • Newark, NJ · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thank you guys for the welcome. 

    I've been listening to the podcast all week when I can, and I plan to read some of the blogs/threads as well. 

    I am actually starting a video blog soon on youtube so I will link that in my signature to show what I learn throughout this podscast. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.