New from Battle Creek/Kalamazoo Michigan

New from Battle Creek/Kalamazoo Michigan

Real Estate Investor · Battle Creek, MI · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets community! What a fantastic resource. My wife and I have owned rentals for about 10 years...currently have 3. We are looking to learn to Wholesale and work our way to refurb and flipping and possibly also adding to our rental portfolio as well. We are professionals from outside of the real estate industry and are hungry students. Right now we are looking for a local REIA type meeting to Network and get to know some of you great people and other real estate investors in our community. Thank you all so much for making such a wonderful learning resource possible!

2Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

We are buy and hold investors in single family home. We work full time and invest in real state on the side. We buy local and on the other side of the country. We self manage and have created a great business plan that lets us do it all. I love working with a W2 salary because it allows you to leverage your income! Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)

You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    We are buy and hold investors in single family home. We work full time and invest in real state on the side. We buy local and on the other side of the country. We self manage and have created a great business plan that lets us do it all. I love working with a W2 salary because it allows you to leverage your income! Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Welcome to bigger Pockets Damian.  Good luck in your adventure. 

    -Tyson from Detroit Metro

  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2014 · 174 posts · 27 votes
    11y
    Welcome - there is a Grand Rapids meet up every month. Let me know if you want more details
  • Real Estate Investor · Battle Creek, MI · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will definitely be checking out your website Elizabeth. Drew, I would very much appreciate the info on the GR meet up. 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Damian Smith

    Welcome to the community! Now get active. Read blogs, ask questions, and I always suggest a podcast marathon. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Investor · Battle Creek, MI · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    @ Jon Huber

    I have been on a podcast marathon for sure....bigger pockets, house flipping HQ, Just Start Real Estate, and For Rent Rental Income podcast. Great advice.....it's how I found this place. 

  • Rental Property Investor · West Michigan · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 25 votes
    11y
    Welcome to the community, Damian! I'm a Kalamazoo native and local investor as well. Would love to help you (re)start or answer any local questions you might have. Like Elizabeth, I have a full-time career and incorporate real estate as part of my long-term financial strategy. I also have a Michigan real estate license and do real estate photography just because I enjoy it. Best wishes as you begin a new adventure. We hope to hear about it in the BP forum! Nate
  • Specialist · Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2013 · 391 posts · 116 votes
    11y

    Hi @Damian Smith ,

    If I had other advice too, it would be to treat BiggerPockets like an online REIA. Introduce yourself here, and then find a time to meet up with people for coffee or something. I've formed some great relationships that were started on BP, and know you could do the same.

    Welcome!

  • Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hello All,

    I am a realtor and just beginning to expand to hold my own investment properties. If you (or any of you) would ever like to get together for creative conversation over beer or coffee, please contact me. Likewise, if I can be of professional service call me anytime. I can open those doors for you. Kalamazoo is a really great town, glad you're here.

    Best luck. Happy Holidays.

    Gary Swartz
    269.382.9929

    Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Damian Smith 

    welcome to the site.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Gary Swartz 

    welcome to the site.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.