Newbie from Charlotte/Huntersville, NC

Newbie from Charlotte/Huntersville, NC

Real Estate Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
I wanted to introduce myself to the Bigger Pockets community. I am married with five kids and have lived in NC for 8.5 years. I work at Wells Fargo in a real estate investment banking role syndicating real estate debt. I have been interested in real estate for a long time and have owned a rental home for 2.5 years. Now, my friend and I are looking to grow our personal portfolios by investing in multifamily properties. We're looking for ~100 unit deals with some value-add component that would yield a Cash on Cash return of low double digits and an IRR of high teens. Thanks, I look forward to meeting many of you. Kurt
0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the family @Kurt Woolley !  It looks like you have a solid plan in place, and real estate experience to boot!  I'm glad you introduced yourelf and wish you the best of luck!

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    Awesome goals! I am hoping to get into multi-family eventually. We are buy and hold investors in single family homes. We invest through two methods, pure rentals, and personals turned rentals. Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)

    You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 117 posts · 32 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Kurt Woolley:

    I wanted to introduce myself to the Bigger Pockets community. I am married with five kids and have lived in NC for 8.5 years. I work at Wells Fargo in a real estate investment banking role syndicating real estate debt.

    I have been interested in real estate for a long time and have owned a rental home
    for 2.5 years. Now, my friend and I are looking to grow our personal portfolios by investing in multifamily properties. We're looking for ~100 unit deals with some
    value-add component that would yield a Cash on Cash return of low double digits and an IRR of high teens.

    Thanks, I look forward to meeting many of you.

    Kurt

     any updates on those deals? I would be interested in partnering up with you if the price in right

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    Have you had any luck? I'm a fellow WF team member and in Charlotte. Welcome!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.