Newbie from Charlotte/Huntersville, NC

4 Replies

I wanted to introduce myself to the Bigger Pockets community. I am married with five kids and have lived in NC for 8.5 years. I work at Wells Fargo in a real estate investment banking role syndicating real estate debt.

I have been interested in real estate for a long time and have owned a rental home
for 2.5 years. Now, my friend and I are looking to grow our personal portfolios by investing in multifamily properties. We're looking for ~100 unit deals with some
value-add component that would yield a Cash on Cash return of low double digits and an IRR of high teens.

Thanks, I look forward to meeting many of you.

Kurt

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

Awesome goals! I am hoping to get into multi-family eventually. We are buy and hold investors in single family homes. We invest through two methods, pure rentals, and personals turned rentals. Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)

You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around! 

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now
Originally posted by @Kurt Woolley :

I wanted to introduce myself to the Bigger Pockets community. I am married with five kids and have lived in NC for 8.5 years. I work at Wells Fargo in a real estate investment banking role syndicating real estate debt.

I have been interested in real estate for a long time and have owned a rental home
for 2.5 years. Now, my friend and I are looking to grow our personal portfolios by investing in multifamily properties. We're looking for ~100 unit deals with some
value-add component that would yield a Cash on Cash return of low double digits and an IRR of high teens.

Thanks, I look forward to meeting many of you.

Kurt

any updates on those deals? I would be interested in partnering up with you if the price in right

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you