Investor · Blackwood, NJ · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 14 votes
Hi, I just want to say that BiggerPockets is truly the bomb!!!! Everyone is so helpful is sharing comments and advice. I have literally spent all of my holiday weekend listening to podcasts, reading posts, and following links to other sites. And the icing on the cake was an email that I received today from Allison "The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Articles, Ever?". This email outlines what all investors should be reading. So, now I don't have to spend time weeding through what I should read on my own, but can just use this as a reference point based on what others with experience are saying is worth the effort! Thanks so much for sharing the knowledge!!!! This site is awesome and is the best tool around!
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over
Welcome to BP. This is great place to find out lots of great information. I find myself reading a lot of different forums and the answers from all the great investors for hours. I am also in NJ but on the other side of the state. You should check out the South Jersey REI. http://sjreia.org/ They have meeting once a month and a lot of different sub groups and education the rest of the month. Hope to see you there.
Investor · Blackwood, NJ · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 14 votes
11y
@David Semer thanks! We actually joined SJREIA during the summer. So far, I have made all of the monthly main meetings as well as several Subgroup meetings. It's been a great resource as well.
Welcome to the community! I'm from South Jersey as well, but just happen to be living in LA. Be sure to be as active and engaging as you can. This site offers a tremendous amount of information, but only if you seek it out. Read the blogs, post your questions, and the podcasts are amazing. The best free education you can get. Good luck out there.