New investor in Des Moines, IA

6 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I have my own home remodeling company but am looking to transition into REI. As of now have one investor looking to invest 120,000. Originally I was just thinking about flipping homes but after spending time looking around the BP site I will eventually be looking into buy and hold as well as possibly wholesaling. Im looking into getting my real estate license for the knowledge and access to more opportunities. I have to admit I had no idea of the endless possibilities in REI and I am really excited about this new adventure.

Welcome to the site! I recently got my real estate license and started working for a broker. It's been incredibly helpful to learn the market in my area. Also, with a license, you can go look at houses on MLS on your own which is nice. Best of luck!

Promotion
Motivated Leads
Marketing For Investors…By Investors
We Get Houses For Real Estate Investors
We help investors get more off market deals from distressed sellers.
Learn More

Thanks guys. It's incredible how much info is on this site and very refreshing to see so many like minded people in one place trying to help each other to be successful. I can't wait to dig in further and learn from everyone. 

@Mike Ewing

Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active and engaging as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are gold! The best free education you can get. Good luck!

Welcome to BP community @Mike Ewing   It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Wishing you the best! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you