New Member from Youngstown, Ohio

New Member from Youngstown, Ohio

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 74 votes

Very excited to be a new member here at Bigger Pockets, though I suppose I'm not completely new since I've been browsing through the forums for months now without actually participating. So I'm glad to say that I'm finally jumping in an getting involved, only took listening to the first 26 BP podcasts to finally start to get involved, but I'm very excited to be here!

I've been a licensed residential agent since 2010 so I have a little experience in the real estate business but never seemed to get my focus on the long term excitement of real estate investing until recently. Myself and a friend have even been involved in flipping and did 5 single family homes together over the past several years but without any real goals or ambitions the money seemed to just fizzle away. So I am now working on an outline of an actual plan for my real estate investing career to mold my future into what I really want it to look like and am excited to have this resource at my fingers to assist along the way.

I'm very interested in Multi-Family buy and hold rentals as my main focus in the Youngstown Ohio market and glad to see that there are several other BP members in my area as well, looking forward to connecting! 

2Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 515 votes
11y

Welcome to BP, while I don't personally know him @James Wise is over in your area and seems knowledgeable. I am over in Fort Wayne, IN but if you ever need advice I would be glad to help.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    @Joe Fairless 

    I'm mostly interested in 2-4 family property right now as I don't have access to capital or financing set up to jump to anything larger at this point. I would certainly be open to larger multi-family in the near future as I put together the resources though. I currently only have a 3-family property and 2 single family, one of which I live in. Did you have so egging available in the Youngstown area? 

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Joe Cantanzriti welcome to the site! It's great to have you!

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @joe 

    @Joe Cantanzriti very cool - good luck with the search. And, was there an auto-correct on your question? I don't understand it. 

  • Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 147 posts · 73 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the site, Joe. I am also new to the BP community. 

    I am just getting started and as things get ramped up I am  considering getting my Real Estate License. I think that will be beneficial for you having it right out of the gates. 

    Best wishes and Happy New Year!

  • Specialist · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    @Joe Cantanzriti You're exactly right. House to Home is @Shawn Tiberio 's company & I began working with him several months back. He just recently took over as the president of the MVREIA. Make sure to stop by in Jan & say hi!

  • Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
    11y

    @Joe Cantanzriti five profitable flips sounds like a significant level of competence in rehab. 

    If you are interested in helping a new investor, I can have them call you. They have been calling the listing agent on the properties they have been looking at. They have  funding to do a deal, if that's successful they intend to do it full time. 

  • Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
    11y

    @Nathan Bibb 

     @Joe Cantanzriti 

    ...either of you offer on cobblers run, highest best yesterday.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.