New Member from Youngstown, Ohio

32 Replies

Very excited to be a new member here at Bigger Pockets, though I suppose I'm not completely new since I've been browsing through the forums for months now without actually participating. So I'm glad to say that I'm finally jumping in an getting involved, only took listening to the first 26 BP podcasts to finally start to get involved, but I'm very excited to be here!

I've been a licensed residential agent since 2010 so I have a little experience in the real estate business but never seemed to get my focus on the long term excitement of real estate investing until recently. Myself and a friend have even been involved in flipping and did 5 single family homes together over the past several years but without any real goals or ambitions the money seemed to just fizzle away. So I am now working on an outline of an actual plan for my real estate investing career to mold my future into what I really want it to look like and am excited to have this resource at my fingers to assist along the way.

I'm very interested in Multi-Family buy and hold rentals as my main focus in the Youngstown Ohio market and glad to see that there are several other BP members in my area as well, looking forward to connecting! 

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

Welcome to BP !!! Greetings from the far Northwest side of Chicago (McHenry, IL) ! I am also a new member on BP, however I have been a long time fan.

Good Luck with your Real Estate adventure---- Happy Holidays !

Welcome to the site, its a great resource!

Sounds like you are well on your way to a successful real estate career, being a realtor with five rehabs under your belt. 

Did you do your projects in Youngstown, or surrounding areas of  Canfield, Boardman, Poland. I looked a few properties out there, trying to help an aspiring couple get started in the rehab business in Boardman. 

The best to you in your investing adventure.

@dell schlabach yes all 5 of our flips were in Boardman actually from 2010-2013 in the 85-95k retail range. The market has certainly shifted into a sellers market since then and our spreads were tightened up too much by all of the completion that came into our market in the last 48 months. Not to mention we really didn't have a good grasp on what we were doing at that time, we really were just in the right place at the right time and were able to make some money because of it.

I would love to get into some flips again in the future in our area but I really feel that the buy and hold numbers work well in our market right now so I'm excited to go that route.

I'd be happy to help with any info for the couple you're looking for properties for in our area though if you would need anything.

Hey there fellow y-towner! This is such a great place to share and learn! The majority of my experience has been property management and subsidized housing, but I am working on the other facets of real estate that interest me outside of my 9-5. Glad to see you here!

Joe, I am an employee with the developer/managing agent of the property I work at, NRP Group. Outside of my job, I am working on eventually becoming my own boss :)

Originally posted by @Joe Cantanzriti :

Very excited to be a new member here at Bigger Pockets, though I suppose I'm not completely new since I've been browsing through the forums for months now without actually participating. So I'm glad to say that I'm finally jumping in an getting involved, only took listening to the first 26 BP podcasts to finally start to get involved, but I'm very excited to be here!

I've been a licensed residential agent since 2010 so I have a little experience in the real estate business but never seemed to get my focus on the long term excitement of real estate investing until recently. Myself and a friend have even been involved in flipping and did 5 single family homes together over the past several years but without any real goals or ambitions the money seemed to just fizzle away. So I am now working on an outline of an actual plan for my real estate investing career to mold my future into what I really want it to look like and am excited to have this resource at my fingers to assist along the way.

I'm very interested in Multi-Family buy and hold rentals as my main focus in the Youngstown Ohio market and glad to see that there are several other BP members in my area as well, looking forward to connecting! 

Welcome Joe,

Ohio going strong :)

Thanks and have a great day

Promotion
PropStream
Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!

Hi Joe,

Always glad to see some Youngstown buzz happening on BP! My partner & I are actively flipping & buying multifamily units in the area. We have a flip going on in Poland as well as Howland, in Warren. Our company is House to Home Properties.

Have you all heard of the Mahoning Valley Real Estate Investors Association? It's a 30+ year organization & we just "rehabbed" our website. Make sure to attend our January Kick Off meeting. This is the local REIA all these podcasts & articles tell you to attend. Plus the food is always awesome!

You can register for a free visit on the website:

http://mahoningvalleyreia.com/

Hope to see all of you there! 

Hi again @jen kurtz . Heard you were hanging out with Stephanie the other day. I added you to our buyers list, per your request :)

Welcome to the site Joe! There is a lot of Good information and helpful people here. I invest in buy and holds in YT and the surrounding areas.

Originally posted by @Nathan Bibb :

Hi again @jen kurtz . Heard you were hanging out with Stephanie the other day. I added you to our buyers list, per your request :)

Thanks @Nathan Bibb 

- I look forward to meeting you in the future. Stephanie let me know about the meeting coming up and I plan to attend. What is the date and time for January's meeting?

Join the mailing list & check out the calendar.

www.mahoningvalleyreia.com/

Meetings are always the 2nd Monday of every month at the Fifth Seasons Banquet Center in Mineral Ridge. All the info is on the site. Call, email, text, etc anytime. All my info is on here 

@Nathan Bibb

Thanks for the welcome Nathan and I'm certainly excited to see that there is quite a bit of Youngstown activity on BP. I am certainly familiar with House to Home and actually did a flip directly across the street from you guys last year on Melrose in Boardman. I met Shawn Tiberio while we were there who I'm guessing is the other half of your company? I would certainly love to get involved with the local REIA and will definitely check out the website and the kickoff. Thanks again for the invite!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you