Newbie that relocated to Brooklyn, NY from Los Angeles, CA

Newbie that relocated to Brooklyn, NY from Los Angeles, CA

Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes

Hi Everyone,

Newbie to BP, but I've been a landlord since 2003  I have a few rental properties in Honolulu, HI.  I am now learning about wholesaling, and fix and flips.  

I was first introduced to real estate as a young boy.  My parents were in the medical field but had a passion for real estate.  I remember as a boy after church, on Sunday's in LA, we would grab the Sunday paper and go straight to the real estate section and look for open houses.  We would do this every Sunday.  

My parents always wanted me to go to college and get a degree to get a secure job! And that's what I did!  I went to college and got a degree in Respiratory Therapy back in 1998.  But I was unhappy with what I was doing, like a lot of people here on BP.  Waking up early mornings working 12hr days, holidays, weekends, making that hourly wage. I have to say I did save some money doing this and was able to purchase my first investment property back in 2003.  

To make a long story short I've moved to Brooklyn NY, looking at Monmouth County NJ to do my investing. I'm looking to network with like minded people and it seems I've found the right website, Thanks BP!! To everyone, I wish you all the BEST!! TO GREAT SUCESS!!!!

0Reply
19 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks for the intro and welcome to our world, @Jay De Guzman !

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Joshua Dorkin

    Thank you!! :)

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 132 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Jay De Guzman you will definitely learn a lot on BP.

  • Specialist · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome Jay! Glad to have you on board. I'm from Brooklyn originally but now live in Honolulu, sort of the reverse of you.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Welcome! You'll love these forums.  Where about in LA are you?

  • Mark LangdonPro Member
    Investor · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2010 · 356 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Welcome aboard the BP train. There are alot of good Monmouth County BP guys out there so get involved. We are here to help you get moving !

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Jay De Guzman

    Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active and engaging as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are gold! The best free education you can get. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber 

    Thanks !! I will definitely be engaged to BP!!

    Best of Luck!!

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

     @Mel Jeffrey 

    Thanks Mel!! Looking forward to gaining some knowledge on BP!! :)

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Andrey Y. 

    I miss Hawaii, I lived there from 2004-2008.  Especially now that it's 20 degrees out here in BK.  Enjoy the weather and have a spam musubi for me !! 

    Mahalo!! 

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Carrington Booth

    Hey Carrington,  

    I'm actually in Brooklyn now, but I was born and raised in the Miracle Mile area of LA.  How about you? Where in LA are you from?  

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Mark Langdon 

    Thank you for the warm welcome!! I'm sure I will definitely get involved with the Monmouth people out there!! Really looking forward to it!!

  • Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Jay De Guzman 

    You'll love it here…awesome people, awesome topics!
    Enjoy the weather ;-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.