Hello From Greenville, SC!
Hi Everyone!
My Name is John and I live in Greenville, South Carolina. I am brand new to REI with an open sponge like mind and an endless amount to learn. I am looking to start purchasing properties in the Upstate area and become a buy-and-hold investor, while doing a few flips when the opportunities present themselves.
For years now I have been telling myself that I need to stop my "what-if's" when it comes to wealth and my families future. Finally this year I made a resolution to do something about it. I picked up a book which is kind of obscure and I'm not sure if you guys have ever heard of called 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' (Sarcasm) and even though it's not a perfect book, it flipped the necessary switch in my head. It lit a fire in me to start reading and listening to everything I could get my hands on in regards to REI. I found BP and have entrenched myself in the Beginners Guide and the Podcasts. I just want to say thank you so very very much to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner for the great entertaining and educational information they provide the BP community.
I have tried my best to follow the advice of BP for newbies… I got off my duff! I joined my local REIA club and have attended all the meetings and seminars they have had this year. I am still on the lookout for the elusive mentor and I am hoping by networking at the REIA events I can find someone to take me under their wing, all while knowing I must provide them value. I know there are no such things as a free ride! I'm just the type of person who likes to pick the minds of people who have come before me to hear their best practices.
Right now even though I am more knowledgeable, I am still stuck in the analysis paralysis. I have found properties that I think are underpriced (make money when you buy, right?!), but I do not know what exactly to offer on these properties. Without someone who knows these things, I just read more… and more… and more… and now it’s going to be March. This is my blessing and this is my curse... I got to where I am in life by crossing all my t’s and doting all my i’s, but this isn't the best trait for someone who just needs to jump in.
My goals for the next 3 weeks are:
-Meet with Real Estate Attorney and setup my LLC (podcast 109!)
-Meet with Accountant recommended by REIA group
-Interview local banks to see who will best the best fit for my needs
-STOP THE ANALYSIS AND ACT
Anyway... enough about me! Thanks for reading and I hope to become a solid contributing member of BP. I hope one day soon I can offer knowledge to the new members of the community!
Best Regards,
John Gambone