Greetings from Forest Hills, Queens (NYC)

Greetings from Forest Hills, Queens (NYC)

Real Estate Agent · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 15 votes

Hi everyone, my name is Chad Gross. I am 35, engaged and currently reside in New York, NY. We are getting married in October and plan to move within a year or so afterwards. I currently work as an executive in the IT field and my fiancé works as a project manager in construction building skyscrapers and other urban structures. We are aiming for high growth tech hubs, since they also bring a lot of construction jobs.  Raleigh, NC is highest on the list, but we are also considering Austin, TX and Denver, CO.

We've been focused on paying off our school and car loans and are almost there, which will leave us with just our mortgage. I have been interested in REI ever since reading Rich Dad Poor Dad about 10 years ago, but have always been reluctant. I recently became motivated again and found BP.com. This site and the podcasts have been amazing! I am very interested in passive income and wealth creation, therefore buy and hold residential is where I believe we will start. I would like to retire by 55.

3Reply
81 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Triangle Area, NC · Member since 2012 · 587 posts · 214 votes
11y

@Chad G.

Welcome to the site! Here's another vote for Raleigh (albeit, a bit biased). I'm a native West Virginian but moved to this area from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and I must say that it has grown on me so much that I doubt I'll be moving away anytime soon. Between the great weather, the highly educated and (mostly) well paid population, and the endless amount of activities available, I am definitely sold on the Triangle. Did I mention our real estate market is booming? Let me know if you're planning to visit and need a tour guide!

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hey What's up @Chad G...Welcome to BP. I'm a newbie to real estate investment and also reside in NYC.

  • Investor · Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
    11y

    @Jermaine McIntosh@Chad G. 

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, a place to interact with a vibrant REI group, learn the real estate business and language at near zero cost. It doesn't matter if you are young or old, totally new or need to build upon your experience.

    Yes, you have just announced a commitment to the thousands in this community about

    your seriousness regarding REI and have taken this bold step to affirm it.

    Your time on this site and with the BiggerPockets community will be well spent and can be financially rewarding if you so desire.

    You are here at the Forum, but, should raise your mouse to the top and explore the other

    headings displayed.

    Don't get overwhelmed by the massive amount of data archived on this site.

    Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums,

    Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze, Resources.

    Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs, webinars and the myriad of book

    recommendations.

    Also, you can review the quick links below to help solidify your grip on this site.

    After becoming more knowledgeable and confident because of my above suggestions,

    take action to snag your first real estate investment deal if new or add to your

    existing holdings if you have prior experience.

    Don't get caught up in analysis paralysis.

    You must immerse yourself in the RE marketplace locally in your neighborhood or afar if the situation warrants it.

    Take calculated risks if needed and you shall be rewarded!

    "Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now, I challenge you to take another." - Dan Poynter

    Lastly, don't forget that we are here to help and likewise learn from your contributions. Good luck and happy investing, again, welcome aboard! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jermaine McIntosh:

    Hey What's up @Chad G...Welcome to BP. I'm a newbie to real estate investment and also reside in NYC.

     Hi Jermaine. Good luck to you as well!

  • Real Estate Agent · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Linval T.:

    @Jermaine McIntosh@Chad G. 

    Thanks for all the info!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Hi @Chad Gross

    Welcome to BP community! Glad you joined this site. I wish you all the success as you start your real estate venture!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Chad Gross

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community.

  • Real Estate Agent · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Marlon Wilson:

    Thanks, glad to meet you! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Nolan:

    @Chad Gross

    Thanks Mark! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.