Newbie from Northwest Indiana

Newbie from Northwest Indiana

Investor · Chesterton, IN · Member since 2015 · 51 posts · 10 votes

Hello everyone! My name is Keith John from Chesterton, Indiana. I am a new investor with minimal experience, interested in learning everything I can about investing in rental properties. Although I have money to invest, I would much prefer to partner with a veteran investor who I can learn from, rather than going solo right out of the gate. I left the workforce last August to be a stay-at-home dad, and I have been learning about real estate through various means. I was just recently advised of Bigger Pockets through a family member and fellow newbie investor. After listening to nearly 30 podcasts and 1 webinar from Brandon Turner, I wish I had heard of this amazing investor resource a year ago! I will listen to all of the podcasts to continue to learn, but welcome any advice that will help me in my new venture. I am very interested in connecting with fellow investors in Northwest Indiana! Josh and Brandon...thank you!

2Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

@Keith John

Being able to analyze my real estate deals more closely and being able to connect with local investors.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chesterton, IN · Member since 2015 · 51 posts · 10 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Sandy RL:

    Welcome! Always great to see someone so close to home. I am currently working on a rehab in Michigan City. My main focus is LaPorte and Porter Counties. I am a real estate broker. I keep an eye out on MLS for deals. I am just getting started too. But I am more than happy to help in any way that I can.

    Sandy

    Great Sandy! Glad to see you are not only a realtor, but also looking to invest! I am interested in having access to deals on the MLS and finding partners. I am very familiar with LaPorte and Porter counties. I'll send you a colleague request.

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    11y

    Hi 

    @Keith John

    Welcome to BP. I'm in Dyer. The local REI group in NICIA and their next meeting is Thursday 9/10. I think it's in Merrillville.

  • Investor · Highland, IN · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    Hey @Keith John, we are veteran real estate investors located near you. If you are still interested in seeing what you could do with a company doing over 250 deals a year, then let's connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.