Newbie in SLC Utah

Newbie in SLC Utah

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, 

My name is Curtis Rumel. I am a licensed Realtor in and around Salt Lake County Utah. My background is in Business Banking (7 years) and now I'm on my 4th year of being on my own as a Realtor. Buying and Selling properties for others is my bread and butter but I want to start creating deals for myself i.e. start investing in RE. I'm interested in buying rentals and wholesaling to start but curious about flipping down the road when I have some capital to play with. I'd love to connect with anyone and everyone, especially people in my area so I can pick brains and ask the strange local type questions. 

1Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y

@Curtis Rumel

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Curtis Rumel

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to have you here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2013 · 266 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    welcome to biggerpockets fellow utahn and realtor

  • Investor · Warrensburg, MO · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Welcome! My wife just applied for orders to Hill AFB , crossing our fingers she gets them as Utah looks like a perfect fit for us . 

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Curtis Rumel

    Welcome. 

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! Glad to see more people in Utah on here. 

  • Investor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2012 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the site. Lot's of brains on here so pick away :)

  • Attorney / Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 198 votes
    11y

    Here they are:

    Salt Lake REIA (tomorrow night, topic is self-direction of retirement accounts in real estate, I'm teaching at this one)

    Utah REIA (fourth tuesday, next topic: better land lording,)

    Utah Valley REIA (fourth thurs of the month)

    Wasatch REIA (next is in sept i think)

    Northern Utah REIA (they don't meet in the summers)

  • New to Real Estate · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the Utah Bigger Pockets community!

  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks everyone! Good vibes and info!

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2015 · 304 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    @Curtis Rumel

     Welcome to BP Curtis! I'm a new member as well, and I've found tons of valuable information already. Good luck to your future with Bigger Pockets. Take care.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Curtis Rumel

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets community.

    @Curtis Rumel

  • Developer · SLC, UT · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    @Curtis Rumel 

    Welcome to bigger pockets. 

    I suggest going to SLREIA, UVREIA, and UTREIA. This is where I learned to wholesale and have got lots of insite to being a better landlord and flipper. If you have any specific questions just ask. 

    Jordan Atkin

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.