Newbie in SLC Utah

12 Replies

Hey everyone, 

My name is Curtis Rumel. I am a licensed Realtor in and around Salt Lake County Utah. My background is in Business Banking (7 years) and now I'm on my 4th year of being on my own as a Realtor. Buying and Selling properties for others is my bread and butter but I want to start creating deals for myself i.e. start investing in RE. I'm interested in buying rentals and wholesaling to start but curious about flipping down the road when I have some capital to play with. I'd love to connect with anyone and everyone, especially people in my area so I can pick brains and ask the strange local type questions. 

@Curtis Rumel

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Here they are:

Salt Lake REIA (tomorrow night, topic is self-direction of retirement accounts in real estate, I'm teaching at this one)

Utah REIA (fourth tuesday, next topic: better land lording,)

Utah Valley REIA (fourth thurs of the month)

Wasatch REIA (next is in sept i think)

Northern Utah REIA (they don't meet in the summers)

@Curtis Rumel  

Welcome to bigger pockets. 

I suggest going to SLREIA, UVREIA, and UTREIA. This is where I learned to wholesale and have got lots of insite to being a better landlord and flipper. If you have any specific questions just ask. 

Jordan Atkin

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you