Hello. I'm new to Real Estate Investing

Hello. I'm new to Real Estate Investing

Pinehurst, NC · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I've spent 20 years in the military and I will be retiring soon. I believe with the proper training and mentorship, I will be a great investor. Having said that, I will need all the help I can get. 

Thank you

0Reply
16 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Bangkok, Thailand · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    William, 

    I am also in the military and getting close to retiring.   I just bought my first pure investment property from overseas...looking forward to getting back to the states and continuing the journey.  

    Look forward to following your efforts on here.  

    Steve 

  • Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2014 · 733 posts · 155 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP! I am active duty Military...I am investing from overseas. It can be done but there are precautions to be made. You need to find out what your goals are and then educate yourself. There are plenty of ways to do that on here through the Podcasts, Blogs, Forum & networking. There is also the Ultimate Beginners Guide to REI

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur/Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!

    I myself am active duty separating from the military as well. I learned everything that I know while being overseas with the help of BP, and other investor I met over the past 10 months. You've joined the best site possible. Good luck in your endeavors!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @William Leuenberger

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lompoc, CA · Member since 2010 · 197 posts · 183 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the site. And thank you for your service..  I got out in 89 and started with the feds. I have been in real state since 2002 and would not have it any other way....Good luck and if you need help ask..Keith

  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    11y

    @William Leuenberger

    Welcome to BP, there are quite a few active military guys and gals on the site so you have company there.  This is a great resource for all of us, new and experienced investors.  I use the search function all the time before posting as most questions have been answered over and over again on here.  Good luck!

  • Engineer, Investor, Entrepreneur · Newtown, CT · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    Hey @William Leuenberger welcome to the site... Have you looked into using VA loans to invest in real estate? I think you would definitely enjoy the BP Podcast Show 103 which hits on this topic primarily.

    Highly recommend listening to this podcast... and the rest of em.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.