• New to Real Estate
  • Austin Tx
Votes |
Young military REI noobie Living in Albuquerque

Kurt Core
  • New to Real Estate
  • Austin Tx
Posted Sep 25 2015, 22:12

Hello BiggerPockets! My name is Kurt Core, I am 20 years old originally from just outside of Traverse City, Michigan, but the Air Force has me currently in Albuquerque NM. I am hoping to move to Las Vegas in about 6 months, and I am really interested in investing there in Vegas. 

I really don't have any real estate experience other than I helped my friends mother clean up properties that she invested in. No experience with tenants or numbers. My goals with real estate are the become financially free within the next 15 years while still being able to travel the world during that time, especially Europe around Norway, Sweden, and Finland. I also want to see what Australia and New Zealand are about. I found BiggerPockets on my own as I am very motivated to learn and since I've found this site I have been listening to their podcasts and YouTube videos. 

I am mostly interested in buy and hold investing and I really like the Idea of possible "hybrid investing" essentially buy and hold, but if the property appreciates (I don't plan on buying properties for this specifically) past the point where I would only be getting .5% current price to current rent ratio, then I would sell and with the new capital find new buy and hold investments where I can get at least 1%. So essentially taking into account opportunity cost of holding vs getting different properties with the capital.

I live well below my means in the military and use about half of my check goes towards investments. I currently have that money in stocks, but am looking to take that money out to put into real estate.

Loading replies...