Rehab Investor in New Hampshire

Rehab Investor in New Hampshire

Investor · Hillsborough, NH · Member since 2015 · 137 posts · 126 votes

Hi everyone,

I'm a full-time rehab investor out of Hillsborough, NH.

Mostly buy and hold; mostly single family.

I'm here to learn from others and share my own knowledge and experiences.

I'm currently looking to find some local wholesalers who come across good off-market rehab opportunities. Still able to pick up REO's off the MLS, but it's thinning out substantially, even outside the metro areas.

Looking forward to being part of the BP community.

Troy

1Reply
5 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Troy Zsofka and thanks for joining! It's always great to see more folks with a strong REI background.

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have any trouble using BiggerPockets, or need any help determining how best to connect with folks!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Troy Zsofka

    Welcome to the site.

    I recommend setting up some keyword alerts for "Hillsborough" and surrounding areas. You will receive a notification whenever another member mentions them.

  • Investor · North/ Central, FL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Troy Zsofka!

    I have family that live down in Dublin. How many rehabs per year are you seeing? Are you working in more built areas (is Hillsboro like Keene?) or out in the country?

  • Investor · Hillsborough, NH · Member since 2015 · 137 posts · 126 votes
    11y

    Hi @Seth Carlone-Hanson,

    Dublin is a nice town right outside of Peterborough which has some decent restaurants and strong RE values. Good live music at Harlow's too.

    I do a mix of in-town and country, but I'm picky about the in-town neighborhoods because I don't have much difficulty with rent collection and I'd like to keep it that way.

    I see plenty of rehabs each year, it's just a matter of finding the ones where the numbers work as long-term rentals. Right now I don't need many to keep my appetite full because I am strictly buy and hold, but if I were to see more good opportunities I'd probably flip a few to replenish my capital in order to build my rental portfolio more quickly, rather than turn down a good deal.

    Thanks to everyone for their responses.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Troy Zsofka

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to check out all the informative podcasts.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.