Austin Tx and Lake Charles LA Investor

5 Replies

I love all the ways you can make money in RE...tax treatment, equity building, appreciation, etc.  My wife and I have a few cool stories about the first properties we bought, fixed and sold.  I am really looking for some fixers in Lake Charles these days and would like to meet others in Austin or LC area to share some ideas and contacts .   May need a partner in Lake Charles on some deals...possible hard money. Go BPers!

Try reaching out to Eric Greenwood of No Bull Investments. He is very active in SW Louisiana. nobullinvestments.com. 

I would try addressing the question to the Houston community as well, as there are a lot of investors there that go across the border.

Welcome to BiggerPockets @David Womack

If you've got any experience that you think might be helpful to share with our audience, I'd suggest creating a "real estate success stories" post 

If I can be of any help to you with anything related to real estate investing or BiggerPockets, let me know!

Hay brother!!! As someone who works construction in the  plant buy the Mississippi river. All the talk is the next big job is coming out of lake charles. Many guys are complaining there are no more camper spots left(just dirt).. If your looking to own in lake charles follow the plant workers they work 12-14 hr a day 7 days a week and get per diem to live there. I only wish i would have known about this stuff 10 years ago!!! I have contacted some of the contractors ISC,Excel, Turner but they all say it is up to the individual on were they wanna live. Any who if i had the money i would be betting on lake charles for the next 4 yrs!!

Welcome to BP @David Womack !  I would like to hear more about your Interest in LC.  I am personally working with investors in that market and actively investing to capitalize on the opportunities there.  Email, PM me or call me.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you