New member from Central NY State

4 Replies

Hey everyone. I'm a new member from central ny state. I'm an IT guy by trade and my wife and I are looking to get into REI as a way to help pay for some of our dreams. Mostly that is paying for college, travel and retirement! Looking forward to learning, connecting and hopefully earning!

@Spencer Alessi Welcome to BP! You've come to the right place to find out all things real estate! If you haven't done so yet, be sure to click on the tab at top entitled "Learn". 

BP is great as you can search out answers to all of your questions, post on the forums and get almost real time advice, etc. 

You might want to do a search and see if there are any BP meetups in your area too. 

Have fun. If you have any questions about the site, post, or message me. 

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. @Doug W. I'm not sure how the market is. I'm really just getting into this. However, I can tell you that Rome has become very, how to say this, dilapidated is maybe the right word for it. It seems as though Rome might be on it's way to breathing new life. It has a ways to go. But if we give up on it, it will never have a chance.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you