New Investor from the Houston TX area

New Investor from the Houston TX area

Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hello Everyone, I'm from Katy, Tx (West Houston).   This is my first post.   I joined BP about a year ago.  Since then I've been absorbing and digesting all the information I found here.   I own a small HVAC company in Katy, we service Houston and surrounding areas.   I deal with HVAC on a daily basis, 80% is commercial work.   I have formed my real estate investment company and I'm looking to make my first acquisition within 6-12 months.  I'm mainly interested in MF.  I learn quick and I'm highly motivated.

Billy Allen

1Reply
4 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston , Spring TX, TX · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Billy Allen. BP is the place to be. I just recently did my first flip. Super excited about the deal and the learning experience. I also have a duplex and a single family home. I did all of this within 5 months.  BP is the place to learn, grow and develop as a Real Estate Investor.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Billy Allen

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is great to see you hear.

  • Real Estate Lender and Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 966 posts · 500 votes
    10y

    Billy,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  I am in the DFW area but occasionally do work in Houston.

    Good luck,

    Mark

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome!   BP is a great resource for you and the rest of us. Nice to meet you. 

  • Professional · Cypress, TX · Member since 2015 · 309 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Billy Allen, I wish you much success. If there is ever anything I can help with, just let me know.

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks for all the kind words everyone.  I'm very excited to take my first step, and at the same time nervous.  I'm glad to be part of this professional community.

    Billy

  • Loan Officer · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome, Billy.  The good news that you're investing in Houston.  Even when O&G are down, opportunities are abundant.  

    Let me know if I can be of service to you--I'm a loan officer and we've got a robust set of lenders for almost every borrower profile.  

  • Homeowner · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Hello @Billy Allen, and welcome to BP!  I live near Katy, and new to this investing game as well, but hoping to buy my first investment property soon!  Good luck, and hope to see you around.

    @Andre Beraud- Congrats on your first flip!  That is my main strategy that I'm focusing on, fix and flip, so maybe I can learn a thing or two from you.  Do you mind sharing your experience on that first flip?

  • Investor, Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Welcome to bigger pockets! 

    You have some of the greatest opportunities near you in Katy. I can be avenue for you if you are ever interested in investing into single family. I am heavily involved in Katy as well. 

    Good luck on your journey! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.