Investment Real Estate Austin TX Formal Intro

Investment Real Estate Austin TX Formal Intro

Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 14 votes

Hello fellow Bigger Pockets members. I have been on the site for a few months but have yet to make a formal introduction. Since graduating college I have lived in Waco, Dallas, and now ATX. While residing in Dallas I worked in the commercial field for nearly 2 years before setting my sights on Austin. Without question, the Austin area is the most unique market I have been a part of. Once here I decided to enter the residential investment segment dealing in distressed assets as opposed to commercial. I personally find working with house flippers, builders, and investors more enjoyable than industrial leasing, but to each their own. I have made some great connections in my short time here on BP and look forward to making many more. While I like to think I am pretty knowledgable, learning is one of the primary reasons I am here. Whether it be a wholesale, new build, SFR, or multifamily, there is something to be learned from every deal. Feel free to introduce yourself, I am always looking to meet and learn from those in my industry.

1Reply
16 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 933 posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi Luke,

    Welcome to BP and Austin Luke !  I'm interested in some of the areas you are involved with as well and look forward to sharing information and learning.  

    David

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome!  Great place to be.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the jungle, buddy

  • Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 154 posts · 61 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and Austin man, fellow Austin Wholesaler/Wholetailer here.

  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Luke Calhoun:

    Hello fellow Bigger Pockets members. I have been on the site for a few months but have yet to make a formal introduction. Since graduating college I have lived in Waco, Dallas, and now ATX. While residing in Dallas I worked in the commercial field for nearly 2 years before setting my sights on Austin. Without question, the Austin area is the most unique market I have been a part of. Once here I decided to enter the residential investment segment dealing in distressed assets as opposed to commercial. I personally find working with house flippers, builders, and investors more enjoyable than industrial leasing, but to each their own. I have made some great connections in my short time here on BP and look forward to making many more. While I like to think I am pretty knowledgable, learning is one of the primary reasons I am here. Whether it be a wholesale, new build, SFR, or multifamily, there is something to be learned from every deal. Feel free to introduce yourself, I am always looking to meet and learn from those in my industry.

    Hello and welcome,  I am 59 years old and I live in Dallas County.  I found BP about 3 months ago and I am still learning.  I graduated with a business degree and got my broker license in 1980.  Even though I was a graduate that emphasized real estate, I went to work in the construction business.  I started being in construction business while I was 17.  If you feel like I can be any help to you please contact me at any time.  Good luck at whatever you decide on!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Welcome! Would love to connect as I am looking into Austin as well. :)
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.