Wholesaler · Topeka, KS · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
Hello, everyone! My name is Donna White and my husband and I have been wanting to get into REI for quite some time. I have been a dental assistant for almost 20 years and have loved it until my bout with severe plantar fasciitis, then was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis, at which time I freaked out worrying how to help support our family. My hubby is a letter carrier and 4 years away from retirement, (yay-passive income, finally!) We finally decided to jump right in with both feet, and here we are. I have to say even though we are doing this only part time and are so worn out at the end of the day after being at our job and trying to get this off the ground, I find it hard to sleep because we are so excited about where this will take us! Thank you for welcoming me into your fold, and in the very near future I foresee us doing the same thing for other newbies, and offering advice on how we keep a thriving business alive and growing!
Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.
Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars
Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.
Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I can identify with sleepless nights due to excitement and anticipation. Keep focused, do something which is real estate related, don't give up and it will happen.
If you have time consider spending 30 minutes for 30 consecutive days on Bigger Pockets. You will receive an Addict award along with a habit; as well as learning and retaining useful real estate information without struggling.
We are considered to be the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with so connect with REIA meetings, accountability partners, and mastermind groups to engage with individuals interested in real estate investing.
At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.
Looking forward to sharing insights with you in the forums.
Wholesaler · Topeka, KS · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
10y
Thank you, Renea. The hard part is there are no REIA meetings close to us, but we will be attending the monthly one in KC which is about 1 1/2 hours away from us. And especially for the "help" link. I think I will get my 30 min for 30 days easily with that!