Coming out of the shell

6 Replies

Hi all,

I've been a member of BiggerPockets for a year now, but I have not been participating very often.  I've been learning a lot from the other members though.

This year, I've decided to take advantage of the great community at BiggerPockets and contribute to the community as well.

Of course, I am always looking for partners, deals, and new opportunities to work with any of your, especially for Austin, TX and surrounding area.

@Donny Widjaja

Welcome back! One thing that has helped me a ton is being able to connect with those in my local market by doing a search on BP for members.  Then I send them a private message and ask for a coffiee meet up. Never had anyone turn me down. Although scheduling can be a bear. But this will help you see specific things being donein your neighborhood

Kudos on coming out of your shell @Donny Widjaja ! Do you do most of your business in Austin proper or do you work in Pflugerville as well? My wife is finishing up her first semester as the art teacher at Pflugerville Elementary and we're looking at getting into a small multifamily that's maybe a little farther north than we are now (Burnet and 183ish).

@Alex Gaw ,

Most of my work has been in the Pflugerville area so far.

I don't know exactly what my problem is, but I feel a bit intimidated by multi-family.  :)  I think it would be cool to have that small multi-family in my portfolio in the future.

I would like to keep in touch with you, and maybe we can do some work together in the future.

@Donny Widjaja Great that your making a effort to put yourself out there. I always tell people you have to get uncomfortable to build your business. If you ever want to connect and we can jump on the call let me know. 

For your local market I agree, get out and meet members and grab some coffee or a lunch just network as much as you can.

@Donny Widjaja I'm in the same boat as yourself. However, once you start networking, opportunities and connections become easier.

Pflugerville looks promising for REI. I have an Investor who is about to start a SFR fix/flip/sell there which had a great entry price point for their first flip.

If you ever want to connect and talk about the Investment market here in Austin give me a shout. I'd like to learn a bit more about the Pflugerville market for sure. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you