Wholesaler from Atlanta, Georgia

Wholesaler from Atlanta, Georgia

Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!! 

My name is Michael Core and I'm a real estate investor and small business owner in the Atlanta area.  I have an Accounting background and worked for 14 years in hotel accounting before moving to Douglasville last year and starting a tax, payroll, and bookkeeping company with an old friend.  

I'm joining BiggerPockets to network with other investors, agents, lenders, and other real estate professionals investing in this area and throughout the country. I love and appreciate all the resources BiggerPockets provides and I'm looking forward to building relationships with like-minded people in the BP community to help reach our investment goals. 

I'm looking for wholesale, fix and flip, and buy-and-hold single family and small multi-family deals in the Paulding, Douglas, and Cobb county areas or anywhere in the metro area if the numbers work.

My short term goal is to wholesale 3 properties and purchase one buy and hold rental property in the next 90 days. Long term, I plan to own or control multi-family properties in major metro areas with strong cash flows and positive demographic, economic, and population trends. 

Ultimately I'm using real estate as a vehicle to achieve financial freedom for my family and allow me the time to do the things I enjoy in life like spending time with family, traveling, and helping other people.

I'm originally from Cleveland, OH (GO CAVS!! and no Browns jokes please!) and I'm a graduate of Florida State University (GO 'NOLES!!).

THANKS BIGGER POCKETS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

2Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Mary K.Pro Member
Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2015 · 157 posts · 88 votes
10y

welcome and good luck. I am new also and originally from Columbus.  Whats the market for rentals in Cobb?  Strong demand by tenants?

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta GA | Marietta GA | Greenville SC | Spartanburg SC · Member since 2014 · 202 posts · 60 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core  I too am from Cleveland Ohio and have been a cursed Cleveland sports fan since I discovered the Browns in 1980. Nobody knows the troubles we've seen my friend. I'm an active rehabber, buy/hold investor as well as overseeing one of Cobb's top producing realtor teams in Cobb. Hopefully we can connect soon. 

  • Wholesaler · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    That's fantastic to hear. What part of town did your wife come from? The market here is pretty hot for rentals. Home sales aren't to bad either. Not fabulous, but good enough.

  • Stockbridge, GA · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!  Iwould love to meet you as I am planning to wholesale here in Atlanta also. A few of us are planning to meet on Sunday, you should join us.  I'll PM the details.

  • Stockbridge, GA · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Abhi Golhar may I add you to my buyers list.  Please let me know your requirements. 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Abhi Golhar:

    @Michael Core - I've been actively investing in flip projects in Atlanta. Let's connect and discover any synergies that we might have!

     Abhi, I'd love to connect. When is a good day/time to call?

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Karen Petty:

    Welcome to BP!  Iwould love to meet you as I am planning to wholesale here in Atlanta also. A few of us are planning to meet on Sunday, you should join us.  I'll PM the details.

     Thanks @Karen Petty! I would like to meet you as well. Let me know the details and I'll see if my schedule is open.

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Terry Burger:

    @Michael Core  I too am from Cleveland Ohio and have been a cursed Cleveland sports fan since I discovered the Browns in 1980. Nobody knows the troubles we've seen my friend. I'm an active rehabber, buy/hold investor as well as overseeing one of Cobb's top producing realtor teams in Cobb. Hopefully we can connect soon. 

     Thanks for the welcome @Terry Burger! Yes, we've seen more bad years than good, that's for sure.  I'm grateful Lebron decided to come home to bring us a title. I think we can win it this year if the team can stay healthy.   

    I'd love to connect with you. I am excited about what's going on in Cobb, but I'm working on becoming more familiar with more of the neighborhoods. I've only spent a significant amount of time one the west and south sides of the county.

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core My recommendation is to have it underneath one roof. Now you don't have to do it, but it dose help with the overall SEO for your website. It builds authority for the overall of the site. Make sure all pages are optimized for your targeted local keyword. 

    I will love to take a look at it before it goes live so you come out the gate strong. 

  • Douglasville, GA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core Welcome to BP Michael! I'm in Douglasville as well, looking to invest in the same markets. I'll be primarily focusing on flips for now, and rentals in the future. Perhaps we can link up!

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    Michael, 

    Welcome to BP. Lots of great resources here, particularly the podcasts.

    When you are ready to invest in Orlando and Central Florida,  let me know. I am a full time Rehabber and a Realtor as well,  and I routinely come across good buy/hold investments which I provide other investors with. 

    Best of luck to you. 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Antonio Coleman:

    @Michael Core My recommendation is to have it underneath one roof. Now you don't have to do it, but it dose help with the overall SEO for your website. It builds authority for the overall of the site. Make sure all pages are optimized for your targeted local keyword. 

    I will love to take a look at it before it goes live so you come out the gate strong. 

     Thanks @Antonio Coleman. I'll definitely take you up on that. Thanks for the tip!

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core Welcome to BP. This is an AWESOME place for all your RE needs. Don't forget to check out all the podcast (over 150), forums, webinars (PRO), and blogs. You can find just about anything having to do with RE here at BP. 

    Nice Goals you have and hope you reach them all.

    Remember, if you think you can, or you think you can't, your right! Henry Ford

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Welcome from a fellow ATLiens!
  • Realtor · Metro ATL, GA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Hi @Michael Core, how is Douglasville treating you... I grew up there?? I am a investor/agent in the Atlanta area, I would love to work with you and talk more about your real estate goals, let me know when a good time to chat is?

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Teri Khimani:

    Hi @Michael Core, how is Douglasville treating you... I grew up there?? I am a investor/agent in the Atlanta area, I would love to work with you and talk more about your real estate goals, let me know when a good time to chat is?

     @Teri Waldrop, thanks for the welcome! So far Douglasville is treating me okay. I'm a city boy with country roots, so while adapting to the area has been somewhat challenging, it's nice to be out of the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm available pretty much every afternoon. You can find my email address in my profile and we can coordinate a time to chat.  Thanks!

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Miguel Dormany:

    @Michael Core Welcome to BP. This is an AWESOME place for all your RE needs. Don't forget to check out all the podcast (over 150), forums, webinars (PRO), and blogs. You can find just about anything having to do with RE here at BP. 

    Nice Goals you have and hope you reach them all.

    Remember, if you think you can, or you think you can't, your right! Henry Ford

     Thanks for the welcome @Miguel Dormany! 

  • Wholesaler · Powder Springs, GA · Member since 2013 · 516 posts · 143 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Marvin McTaw:

    Hey Michael Core . Welcome to Bigger Pockets and its great to meet you! That was such a great introduction for yourself and I love the fact that you not only have dreams but goals and a specific deadline. I'd encourage you when starting out to just pick one primary strategy and go from there, especially if you're looking to get into wholesaling. I'd encourage you to talk to @Mike Watkins (sorry the reference thing isn't working) as he's a local wholesaler who operates in Douglas and Paulding counties. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with your real estate investing business!

    I just now found this. My keywords picked it up. I'm glad they did. Thanks for the shout out. 

    So @michael core,(not friends yet) we have the same name, same REI goals, same area we invest in and we are both wholesalers. It's amazing how we've never met each other. All thanks to bigger pockets.

    We could go into business together and call it Mike and Ike buy houses. I'll be Ike. 

  • Real Estate Professional · Dayton, OH · Member since 2015 · 423 posts · 187 votes
    10y

    Michael, the market has never been better for owning rental properties.  You might want to consider that as a primary focus vs. wholesaling.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austell, GA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 74 votes
    10y

    Welcome! You picked a great place to invest. Cobb County is strong...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.