Wholesaler from Atlanta, Georgia

Wholesaler from Atlanta, Georgia

Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!! 

My name is Michael Core and I'm a real estate investor and small business owner in the Atlanta area.  I have an Accounting background and worked for 14 years in hotel accounting before moving to Douglasville last year and starting a tax, payroll, and bookkeeping company with an old friend.  

I'm joining BiggerPockets to network with other investors, agents, lenders, and other real estate professionals investing in this area and throughout the country. I love and appreciate all the resources BiggerPockets provides and I'm looking forward to building relationships with like-minded people in the BP community to help reach our investment goals. 

I'm looking for wholesale, fix and flip, and buy-and-hold single family and small multi-family deals in the Paulding, Douglas, and Cobb county areas or anywhere in the metro area if the numbers work.

My short term goal is to wholesale 3 properties and purchase one buy and hold rental property in the next 90 days. Long term, I plan to own or control multi-family properties in major metro areas with strong cash flows and positive demographic, economic, and population trends. 

Ultimately I'm using real estate as a vehicle to achieve financial freedom for my family and allow me the time to do the things I enjoy in life like spending time with family, traveling, and helping other people.

I'm originally from Cleveland, OH (GO CAVS!! and no Browns jokes please!) and I'm a graduate of Florida State University (GO 'NOLES!!).

THANKS BIGGER POCKETS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

2Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Mary K.Pro Member
Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2015 · 157 posts · 88 votes
10y

welcome and good luck. I am new also and originally from Columbus.  Whats the market for rentals in Cobb?  Strong demand by tenants?

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mary K.Pro Member
    Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2015 · 157 posts · 88 votes
    10y

    welcome and good luck. I am new also and originally from Columbus.  Whats the market for rentals in Cobb?  Strong demand by tenants?

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!

    Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in Lee county F.

  • Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome! 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Account Closed!!

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Mary Kirkpatrick!!

    Rentals are very strong in Cobb. It has a great school system and is one of the areas in the metro with the highest demand.  Much of the area has appreciated pretty rapidly the past few years, so great deals are getting harder to find and some retail buyers are being forced into rentals.   The new Braves Stadium and a few other projects are underway or starting soon in Cobb and it should be a good area to invest for the foreseeable future. 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Adam Bartomeo!!

    I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need help down there. I plan to invest in the Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and Tallahassee markets at some point in the future.

    Likewise, if you need help in Atlanta, let me know!!

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Timothy Spain!

    What areas of town are you investing in? Are you interested in properties on the Westside?

  • Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Michael 

    I do most of my investing on the south side 

  • Investor · Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core

    Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

    To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

    REI books suggested by BPers

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

    Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

    Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

    Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 807 posts · 274 votes
    10y
    Hey Michael Core . Welcome to Bigger Pockets and its great to meet you! That was such a great introduction for yourself and I love the fact that you not only have dreams but goals and a specific deadline. I'd encourage you when starting out to just pick one primary strategy and go from there, especially if you're looking to get into wholesaling. I'd encourage you to talk to @Mike Watkins (sorry the reference thing isn't working) as he's a local wholesaler who operates in Douglas and Paulding counties. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with your real estate investing business!
  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core Yea man even though i'm in Louisiana I'm a King James fan so you won't get any jokes from me. 

    If I have to give you pone simple advice is to continue to educate yourself. Knowledge is power especially in this REI industry.

    Finally, do you have a website to support the growth of your investing career? 

  • Rental Property Investor · West Monroe, LA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    question: what would be the purpose of having a website for a REIer? 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Michael Core

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community. It is a great place to learn about real estate.

  • Wholesaler · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    I'm in the Florida panhandle. I wholesale for the time being although I have done a beautiful rehab. If you would like to have a conversation,  feel free to give me a call. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 462 posts · 237 votes
    10y

    Welcome Welcome and happy holidays to you and yours. I am a wholesaler/flipper that deal in properties between Jacksonville and pensacola. Have a great day,week, month and year. Let's network and grow together!

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 10 votes
    10y
    Mary Kirkpatrick I live in Tampa. I would love to find out what you are pursuing concerning real estate on the Ocala area.
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Timothy Spain:

    Michael 

    I do most of my investing on the south side 

     Can you add me to your buyers list?

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome and resource links @Linval T. !! That should be very helpful.

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Marvin McTaw!

    Wholesaling is my primary objective right now, but if I find properties that fit my conservative analysis for rehabbing or buy-and-hold, then I'll consider it. I'd love to connect with you and share ideas about the market. I'll also reach out to Mr. Watkins as you noted.

    If you could add me to your buyer's list, that would be a great help. Hopefully we can make some money together!

    Thanks!

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Antonio Coleman! Also for the advice. I love to learn and have a passion for real estate so I'm learning more every day. I plan to use BP as one of my main resources.

    In terms of a website, I am in the process of finalizing a simple one, but plan to have seperate buying and selling sites soon. Any recommendations?

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Michael Garrison! My better half is actually from your area! I'll send you a colleague request. Not particularly interested in that area just yet, but it would be nice to have a conversation. 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the welcome @Mark Nolan! Looking forward to networking with you and the other members of the community as well as learning from the tools & resources on the site. 

    Looks like you're in the financial services world. Is it okay if I contact you using the info in your signature line? I'd appreciate it if I could ask you a few questions. 

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Tim Hall:

    Welcome Welcome and happy holidays to you and yours. I am a wholesaler/flipper that deal in properties between Jacksonville and pensacola. Have a great day,week, month and year. Let's network and grow together!

     Thanks @Tim Hall! Happy holidays to you and your family also. I would like to own some property in Tallahassee (for obvious reasons) and the Pensacola area at some point. How are those markets doing right now? Is there a good outlook for rentals? Are prices there back to the "pre-crash" days? (Sorry for all the questions.)

  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core

    I invest in the Pensacola area and have a handful of rentals.  The market is doing well here and is slightly above the pre-crash prices.  The rents are strong in the areas I target and I would certainly recommend this area to other investors.  I don't know much about Tally but if you have any questions about Pensacola let me know.  

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    @Michael Core - I invest in real estate flip projects in Atlanta! Let's connect this week if you have a few mins and see what synergies we have! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.