Kansas City Investor - New to BP

7 Replies

Hello BP members!

I found this website earlier last year and have been watching it but yet to post.  So here we go.

I have been a local investor in this area for several years, starting back in 2009 when property values dropped.  At the time I was working in the remodeling industry and had been thinking about purchasing rentals for quite a while, but never made the leap.  Needless to say, that was the perfect time to start. 

Since then, I've been involved not only in purchasing rentals, but rehabbing and reselling (known to many as 'flipping', but I've been trained not to use that word because of negative connotations) for myself and others, property management, project management, and retail sales. 

I began investing full time in 2014 when I became a franchisee with Homevestors of America.  I operate in the greater KC metro area as a cash buyer, wholesaler, and rehabber. 

I have mostly worked on my own and with a small group of investors, but am currently investing in and actively growing my business and look forward to being connected with the larger investment community in Kansas City.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you guys, here or in person!

Hey John,

Welcome to the BP community. You're real estate background is impressive. I salute all investors who have tapped into different strategies besides "filliping" and I see your a guy that wears many hats! I am a Realtor here in the Kansas area, and I invest in real estate myself and also work with different buyers and investors that are always looking for a deal. In the event you ever want to expand towards the sunflower state like KCK, Lawrence, or Topeka let me know maybe we can someday do business. Keep up the good work and welcome again we're rooting for you!

@John Daley

Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Hi John! Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

I'm not as active as I could be on this site, but have made some of my best connections through online networking at BP.  Four of the five deals I have going right now are related either directly or indirectly to connections from Bigger Pockets. It's a great resource if you utilize it... or as in my case, even if you only check in occasionally. 

Warmest regards.

Thanks so much to all of you for the warm welcome.  It's so much fun to be around people who love real estate as much as I do.  And I already see a familiar face...how's it going, Jason!

Feel free to contact me for any reason.  More networking means more opportunity for all of us!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you