New member in Kansas City Missouri

New member in Kansas City Missouri

Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes

After thinking about it for 10 years, I've purchased my first rental property.  Looking to connect with like-minded investors.

2Reply
27 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 186 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    Congratulations and welcome to BP!  The forums are a great way to connect, as are local RE groups.  I'm also a buy and hold investor, but on the other side of the state in St Louis.  Feel free to pm if you'd like to chat.

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!  The first property is the hardest part!

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    @Steve Chu Congratulations. Kansas City is a great market.

  • Whole Saler · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Congrats on your first property Steve and welcome to BP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Applegate, OR · Member since 2012 · 177 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Well done Steve! Way to get out of that inaction phase to make things happen. 

    Here's to your success in building your rental property portfolio. 

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    10y

    @Steve Chu Congrats on getting into the action phase and obtaining your first investment.  I think it took me about 10 years to finally start, and I can tell you it gets a lot easier after that first successful purchase.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you for the warm welcome! 

  • Property Management/ Investing · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 159 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    @Steve Chu Congrats man! You must be a very deep thinker. What held you back? Do you regret waiting that long? 

  • Investor · Newhall, CA · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Congrats Steve!  I recently bought my first KC investment property as well, and now working on more.  KC seems to be a great cash flow market from the research I've done.  Great job on taking the hardest step!  I wish you well in your future acquisitions.

  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Congratulations! 1 down what's next?
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @David O. Thank you.  I finally disregarded the reasons why I should not move forward and took action.  The rehab is taking a little longer than I expected, but I realize this is my first time and I'm learning a lot.  

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Bergman KC is a great market.  I've lived here for almost 30 years after growing up in Alaska.  Again, thank you for the encouragement!

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Brandon Holley I'm starting off with a crawl, walk, run approach.  At this point I'm focused on 1 new property per quarter.  Then I will scale as I'm able.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Steve Chu Congrats KC is great! I'm getting ready to buy my first investment as well

  • Anchorage, AK · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    K who you used is your private lender?

    I am search for one and fast so I can do

    My first deal.

    Thanks

    DoliaG

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.