Brand new in Miami Florida and Motivated

Brand new in Miami Florida and Motivated

Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful!  --Eric Thomas--

That quote reminds me everyday to push myself harder and harder so with every passing day I am that much closer to financial freedom.

My name is Thomas I am an Air Force Veteran and still serve in the Reserves. In my civilian life I am an Insurance agent. I am ready to start my journey in the fix and flip as well as rental aspects od REI.

Having grown up in South Florida I have witnessed the growth and potential that this market has to offer. Therefore, these are my REI goals:

Rental properties around the Florida International University and the University of Miami for students as well as rental properties along the coastal side of South Florida.

I am looking to connect with individuals who are seeking to be apart of my REI "All Star Team". I am just starting out so any connections and/or advice would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

I look forward to see what the future brings!

2Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
10y

@Thomas Dudkiewicz     You won't quit because you fail at it, you will find a more profitable path i'm guessing.      Post again in a year and tell me how far you have gotten.     This isn't a sprint, and your passion and energy more than likely will cause you to excel beyond the buy/hold world of real estate.

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
    10y

    @Thomas Dudkiewicz  Walk then run....get your real estate license and try being a property manager for a little bit.     Odds are you won't make it

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Leigh C:

    @Thomas Dudkiewicz  Walk then run....get your real estate license and try being a property manager for a little bit.     Odds are you won't make it

     Haha I can tell you dont know the mentality of an enlisted military man. We are stubborn, hard headed, and nothing will get in our way. If I fail then I try it again. There is one thing that Champions and Losers have in common and that is they have both know defeat. But a Champion learns from his mistakes and betters himself. Just in case you didn't get what i meant, I WILL NOT QUIT. But thank you for your input.

  • Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
    10y

    @Thomas Dudkiewicz     You won't quit because you fail at it, you will find a more profitable path i'm guessing.      Post again in a year and tell me how far you have gotten.     This isn't a sprint, and your passion and energy more than likely will cause you to excel beyond the buy/hold world of real estate.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I appreciate your input I get the feeling you know what you are talking about and I understand it is not a sprint. My goal is to build a side income, that continues to grow, and eventually make the side income my main income. That is why I am interested in the rental investments. I will post back in a year that is a great idea to not only track my progress but to assess my situation and see if i am on the right path to meet my goals.

  • Investor · Bangkok, Thailand · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Thomas,   

    Love the attitude.   Good to see a military man moving into the private sector.   Keep up the motivation and keep your goals high, my friend.   Look forward to the 1 year update.  

    Steve 

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 97 posts · 90 votes
    10y

    Thomas, good luck on your journey. I too am new to the world of real estate and am looking forward to generating enough passive income to leave my full time profession. I wish you all the best!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Thomas:

    Welcome to the club. 

    If I can help in anyway, let me know.

    I wish you success on your real estate journey. It won't be easy, but if you stick with it, it can be very rewarding (and I'm not just taking about the money).

    Jose

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Thomas Dudkiewiczand thank you for your service! I'm a wholesaler, rehabber, and hard money lender, and I love helping new investors! If there's anything I can do to help you on your journey, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

    Have you checked out any local networking events?

    Best of luck to you!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks Lucas, 

    No I haven't been to any networking events, and I would like to but to be honest I dont know where to start. 

    I am sure once i develop my game plan I will definitely reach out. 

  • Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 110 posts · 38 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed Thank you for your service.  Here is my favorite from Steve Harvey about jumping:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D3ArwpnClI  

    Here is another one about dreams:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu0GTy1ZTnI

    Good stuff!

    I'm here on the other side of Florida if you need something let me know

  • Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed    I wish more people got a dose of reality.     As for branding myself, i had a few news articles about me in the past and it caused my phone to be really annoying for a very long time.   I don't see the value in it. 

    I don't look for new clients, I'm not looking for leads either.      Most on this site are looking for opportunities in networking.    I simply use it to kick around some thoughts I have and to communicate with the outside real estate world.      

    As for telling this guy my thoughts...they weren't negative.    Energy like that is rare if he can actually maintain it.    Using that level of energy for buy/hold real estate is beyond a waste of his talent.   At least to my eyes.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Thomas Dudkiewicz

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!  

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Great to connect! My husband is active duty navy so we are buy and hold investors. Turning our personal homes into rentals was the way we got started. The key I learned is baby steps. This has allowed us to grow at a substainable pace.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

     @Leigh C  so its been about a year. You told me to get back with you and here are my results. I have bought my first condo in the process of rehabing it. Now looking for my second property. So keep the negative energy coming i find that it fuels my desire to grow even more. HOOORAHH

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.