Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Megan Fredrickson
  • Eureka, CA
Votes |
New to Real Estate, finally writing in the forum...

Megan Fredrickson
  • Eureka, CA
Posted Mar 3 2016, 12:58

Hi, my name is Megan and my partner and I are brand new to real estate investing. We are both veterans (she is 100% disabled) and have been wanting to do something with the little money we have and gain financial freedom. So last semester I left graduate school so we could put all our efforts into figuring out how this real estate thing really works. We have been researching information and listening to the BP podcasts almost non stop and have decided to pull the trigger on a property we were looking at for about a month in Springfield, Mo. It is a 4-plex and we will be occupying one of the units because we got a VA loan which requires us use the property as our primary residents. Initially we were looking at property in eureka, ca (where we were living and I was attending graduate school) but we couldn't quite make the numbers work for us using the BP calculator. Since my partner has family in Missouri and knows the market pretty well we decided to pack up and move out there. The market is better for buy and hold rental properties and potential flips which we would like to do in the future. So, we are officially under contract on our first property and I thought it was a good idea to start getting involved in the community since this just got very real. Any advise, tips, or hello's are graciously welcomed!

Thanks!

Megan

Loading replies...