Newbie from Olympia, WA

Newbie from Olympia, WA

Naomi PingerPro Member
Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes

Hello BP,  What an awesome place! 

My name is Naomi Pinger. I am a newbie from Washington State.  I am a licensed RE Broker/Agent with access to most of the sites that push RE. My home office is located in Olympia, WA however I mainly work the Olympia area, West to the Pacific Ocean, South I-5 to Kelso area. This does not mean I have to stay in this area as I am licensed for the entire state of Washington.

I come across what looks to be good deals and I am looking to network with investors that are not afraid to pull the trigger if the numbers work.  Not ones that need to go home and think about it.

I have been reading the books mentioned on BP and I want to buy and hold properties for a passive income. I have worked mainly with SFR (for other people) however I am eyeing a couple of multi-family units for me if I can put it together. That is my goal right now. I am planning on becoming a PRO member shortly so I will have access to the rest of the goodies on BP.

I have been a business owner for 25 yrs., as well as worked in the healthcare field and now I am ready to move on hopefully to an area where I do not have to work so hard but still have money, and freedom to live.  I am willing to work with like minded people to help them achieve their goals and hopefully they will do the same for me.  Just tell me what areas you are interested in and we will see what we can put together. 

6Reply
134 views

Most Popular Reply

Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 16 votes
10y
Let's get an Olympia meet up started.....my wife and I Just purchased a house up in the peninsula north of Lacey and would love to attend something closer
See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Naomi and best of luck investing!

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger

    Welcome.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger Good morning, Welcome to BP! BP has been a great site for me and have made some great connections in just a short time. Are you familiar with working with contractors? The reason why I'm asking is because. As a GC I'm looking for investors to work with on flips, rehabs and trying to learn the best way for me to understand how to seek out my goals.

    Have a great day!

    Cj

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you Paul for you your reply and yes I am planning on visiting my local REIA. There is one located in in Tacoma that is my closest one that I know of. Hopefully we can get one going and Olympia. Yes I am planning on reading more books on this adventure. Again thank you.

    Thank you CJ for your reply. I do not have any flips or rehab right now however I am keeping your information and with your permission will give it to other agents in our office when they are looking GC.

    Again thank you for your reply.

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y
    Naomi Pinger Sorry I was not clear. I was wondering if you have worked with contractors in the past? I just wanted to get some feed back on your experience? I have only worked with a handful of REI and they are very different than working with home owners. Yes, please do pass on my info. I'm always trying to make new clients and new relationships.
  • Covington, WA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Cj,

    I have not worked directly with contractors myself yet.  I usually pass them to my clients that have purchased homes that needed minor repairs.  However like I said I have other agents in the office that are looking for contractors quite often.  Now that I have your permission I will give your name out.  I understand that "General" means you can work on about anything but do you have a favorite area you like such as kitchens or removing walls ect.?

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you Brad.

  • Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! I'd also be interested in an Olympia meet-up. We should talk sometime, and see if we can get something started. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Puyallup, WA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome to BP Naomi! You made a wise choice joining the community.

  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Naomi, welcome to BP from Longview!

    Looks like you've got some great skills and a clear direction, sounds like you're well ahead of other newbies!  I'd encourage you to add a photo of yourself, listen to the weekly podcasts, and set up some key word alerts.

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger Ok, I understand. Thank you in advance for passing my name out there. As far as your question. I get asked this all the time. In short I'm like a one stop shop. If I don't do it I make sure that I can get my clients in touch with the right person who can do it. In a long answer.. I mostly do kitchen, bathroom remodels and also have a very strong passion for appliance installations. I also have done 1700-2500sqft whole house remodels and flips. Large projects take a little bit longer since I do about 80-90% of the project myself but its a great way for me to show my clients the love I have for what I do.  On those lager projects I do stay on them nonstop tell the project is complete.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you Jonathan, Michele and Dmitriy. 

    I am reading the books and I am also attending the webinars.  The last webinar was the one that got me off center and fired up to take action. There is just sooooo much good information.

    I really hope other investors, contractors, and lenders will contact me if they are interested in the REI meetup for Olympia area.   

    Please feel free to let me know what you think.

  • Kenneth HynesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 357 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Naomi Pinger    fellow investor in your area , but most of mine invstmetns are out f state right now.  

    Hope you can make a BP meetup soon,  They are listed on Meetup and happen in hte Lakewood area

    ken

  • Real Estate Investor · Elma, WA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Naomi Pinger! I am your neighbor over in Elma. I am interested in Olympia and Grays Harbor. I would love to be put on your buyers list if you come across good deals!

    Thanks!

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hi Kenneth,  

    Thank you for the welcome.

    Yes I am planning on making a meeting soon.  Is Lakewood the closest one?

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Kyle,

    I have added you to my buyers list. Are you interested in the different avenues or do you prefer one over the other, (ie: wholesales over flips, flips over buy and hold, or just all of them)

    Looking forward to working with you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    10y

    Hello @Naomi Pinger

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great community to learn from and network with.

    I host a meet up in Lakewood once a month and its pretty awesome. If you and @Tiffany Johnson wanted to have one  in Olympia, that would be awesome. I would love to go and Id be more than happy to help you with that in any capacity I could.

    Best Regards,

    Kevin

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Kevin,

    Thank you for the welcome. 

    Tiffany and I was kicking this around today however nothing has come together yet.  I think it is a wonderful idea. Let me get back with Tiffany and we will see what we can put together.

    I would appreciate your help and Tiffany's too since I am new to this game.  I am still in the learning mode.

    Would there be any particular day that would work better for you if we get this going?

    Thanks again and I am looking forward to working with you.

  • Wholesaler · Glendale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, Naomi!

  • Real Estate Investor · Elma, WA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger, I would love to be added to all of them if possible! I would say wholesales and rehabs over buy and hold at this time, but that is where I am headed long term, so I would like to see anything you come across. Thank you!

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Let's get an Olympia meet up started.....my wife and I Just purchased a house up in the peninsula north of Lacey and would love to attend something closer
  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Morning all! Happy to attend a meetup...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.