Newbie from Olympia, WA

Newbie from Olympia, WA

Naomi PingerPro Member
Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes

Hello BP,  What an awesome place! 

My name is Naomi Pinger. I am a newbie from Washington State.  I am a licensed RE Broker/Agent with access to most of the sites that push RE. My home office is located in Olympia, WA however I mainly work the Olympia area, West to the Pacific Ocean, South I-5 to Kelso area. This does not mean I have to stay in this area as I am licensed for the entire state of Washington.

I come across what looks to be good deals and I am looking to network with investors that are not afraid to pull the trigger if the numbers work.  Not ones that need to go home and think about it.

I have been reading the books mentioned on BP and I want to buy and hold properties for a passive income. I have worked mainly with SFR (for other people) however I am eyeing a couple of multi-family units for me if I can put it together. That is my goal right now. I am planning on becoming a PRO member shortly so I will have access to the rest of the goodies on BP.

I have been a business owner for 25 yrs., as well as worked in the healthcare field and now I am ready to move on hopefully to an area where I do not have to work so hard but still have money, and freedom to live.  I am willing to work with like minded people to help them achieve their goals and hopefully they will do the same for me.  Just tell me what areas you are interested in and we will see what we can put together. 

6Reply
133 views

Most Popular Reply

Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 16 votes
10y
Let's get an Olympia meet up started.....my wife and I Just purchased a house up in the peninsula north of Lacey and would love to attend something closer
See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger I would be interested in joining a meetup in Olympia as well. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with organization.

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 13 votes
    10y
    Count me in, and let me know if I can help!
  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Everyone,

    Thank you for your interest in the Meetups meeting.  I am happy to see all the interest and I am working with Tiffany Johnson to get one put together.

    Please stay in contact and we will let you know just as soon as we have something definite to report.

    Thank you for your support.  This is awesome. 

  • Real Estate Investor / Agent · Lacey WA, WA · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger welcome to BP/ I am an investor located in Lacey WA.  Would also be available to participate in a meeting in the  Olympia / Lacey / Tumwater / Yelm / Shelton area. I am learning slowly about the real estate subject.   Feel free to contact me for more information on my investment strategy.

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you Charles,  I will let everyone know when we get this set up.

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2016 · 154 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    Hello, @Naomi Pinger! I am a newbie to BP as well, and even more so a newbie to real estate investing. But I had to chime in here because I worked in health care as well (and my husband still does) so I know what that's all about. Wishing you great success and hope to see you around the BP forums!

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Adrian,

    Thank you for the welcome.

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello Jennifer,

    Thank you and your husband for all you do in the health field. I love helping people and working the health side but my daylight and my dark clock started having trouble switching back and forth after pulling those all-nighters for so long.  I really want to get my RE investing going so I do not have to go back to that.

    Welcome to BP and I wish you all the success in the world.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Cj Juan

    Welcome.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Paul Timmins 

    Thank you for the welcome info..

    I did go to my first Meetup in Lakewood and it was a great turn out. I was the only GC that attended and passed out plenty of cards. Everyone there was happy to talk to me and I made some great contacts. I plan to attend more Meetup's in the future. 

    I've been listening to the BP podcasts and I very much enjoy them. Lots of great info and note taking. To many books for me to read but I will add the two you mentioned to my list. Im reading The Seven levels of communication now.

    When I decided to be a GC I told my wife "I will not fail"... So far I have made a long list of clients and I'm excited to build a longer list over the next year. My goal is to stop working for the general public and work with my team of REIs in Thurston county. This will help the main goal of becoming the proud owner of multiple properties and make a far share of passive income. I don't want to be rich. I just want to have the freedom to write a check and know its not going to bounce. 

    Thank you again and I look forward to hearing more from all the BP members

    Cj

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Hello CJ,

    I am glad you made it to the Meetup in Lakewood.  We are working on putting one together here in Olympia.  I will let you know when it is going to be.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Good morning @Naomi Pinger

    It would be great to have a Meetup in Oly since I have not been able to find one. Most of the meets I've found are up north.. Enjoy the sun and have a greet weekend as well!

    @Steve Abercrombie Look forward to our coffee meet this morning

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Naomi Pinger I just wanted to check on the progress in setting up a Olympia, Wa Meetup?

    Cj

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    HELLO EVERYBODY,

    I certainly hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  I am.  My bucket list for this week just got a lot shorter.  Thank goodness.

    This is an update on the Olympia Meetups.  We will be having our very first meeting on April 28th at 6:30 PM.  Thanks to Tiffany Johnson we will meet at Dirty Dave's Pizza at 3939 Martin Way East.  Olympia WA.  I will be posting this on the meetup site.

    I just upgraded to pro and I have not figured out how to add everyone's name so I will be working on letting everyone know that expressed interest in coming.  If you know of any one else please tell them to come and bring your business cards, ideas, deals, happy face, and warm hand shake and have some fun socializing.

    I am looking forward to meeting everyone and working with you.  

    Have a wonderful evening.

  • Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 31 votes
    10y
    Hi Naomi I am a buyer for flips or holds if you can dig them up. I can close quick and no drama.
  • Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 31 votes
    10y
    I'm in!
  • Curtis BidwellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 777 posts · 744 votes
    10y

    I look forward to joining you. Nice to have a meetup here at home!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Hey @Naomi Pinger - if you haven't yet, be sure to make an official meetup announcement over in the Events and Happening Forum - as a Pro, you can post there and it'll get a bit more eyeballs and hopefully more people to attend! I'll try to make it also! :)  

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    Thank you Brandon, I will be sure and get it posted there I am also posting it on the regular meet-up site. And yes we would definitely enjoyed seeing you at our meeting.

    Thank you Curtis I look forward to seeing you at the meeting. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

    Yes Tom I would very much like to talk with you. I am also interested in buy an hold. I'll see you at the meeting also.

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @BP members, timing can sometimes be everything... 

    @Naomi Pinger I had been wondering about the Meetup and figured I would ask about it. Dirty Dave's is a great spot for a Meetup. I go there often for the lunch special. I'm happy to attend and here about everyones thoughts and ideas. I have a few names I will pass this onto as well.

    @Tom G. I look forward to the next podcast. This past weekend I started listening to the very first episode and now I'm finding myself turning of the music and turning on the podcasts... I looked into a few properties in Hoquiam but a seasoned investor advised me to stay away. Thoughts?    

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Hey @Cj Juan- yeah, Hoquiam is an interesting place. Cheap prices - but lots of junky houses and the town is declining imo. I feel like it used to be a nice place, but it just keeps getting worse and worse. A few of my best multifamily properties are in Hoquiam, so it can work - but almost everything is in the flood zone, so that sucks. And the Water charges in hoquiam are outrageous. 

  • Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    hey CJ  i've been around a wild doing this thing a while. I see by your comments you are pretty motivated,  and that should serve you well. I'm going to try to make it to Dirty Daves and look forward to meeting you. Let's chat, we rehab houses for investors all over the state as well as flip our own houses  so let's see if there's some mutual opportunities.

  • Contractor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Brandon Turner Thank you! for the feedback.. @Tom G. I know what you mean construction is not new to me but the whole social media thing is. VERY MOTIVATED IN DEED! I look forward to our chat hope to see you there.

  • Naomi PingerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · 98830 · Member since 2016 · 250 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    I have posted the meeting on BP's Events and Happening Forum and on the Meetup site so please let everyone that might be interested know.  Hopefully Brandon and Kevin can make it.  Tiffany, thank you for setting up the meeting room at Dave's.   I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.