If nothing else, investing in real estate is an adventure, as well as an ever-evolving learning process, where you can alter your focus to align with the needs of yourself, your clients, and your family. This week on The BiggerPockets Podcast, we’ll learn all about what it takes to branch out in your real estate investing endeavors with our guest Curt Bidwell.
Curt’s first real estate opportunity arose while he was working as a pastor, when a few good friends asked if he wanted to partner with them on a local fourplex. Since then, he’s acquired quite a portfolio of real estate, including sixplexes, duplexes, new construction, single family homes, townhomes, and mixed properties. He’s done it all — and now he’s even gotten his kids involved! Listen for interesting tips on how to creatively invest, the best ways to find good tenants, as well as how to encourage your kids to get interested in finances and real estate along the way.
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover:
- What makes a good partnership
- How to get started with mixed rental properties
- Ways to keep your children motivated and setting goals
- Where to find the best commercial locations to increase your real estate value
- The positives of renting out large family homes
- How to choose whether you should have in-house management for your multi-unit rentals
- Methods to teach your children to be financially wise
- The best ways to go about obtaining lines of credit for your properties
- Ways to creatively invest and finance your rentals
- What exactly a 1031 exchange is
- Helpful tips to finding a good location manager
- How to work with local commercial lenders
- Best ways to screen your tenants
- And lots more!
Links From the Show
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Gary Keller’s The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
Connect with Curt
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.