Long Time Listener, First Time Poster - New BP Member - SE MI

Long Time Listener, First Time Poster - New BP Member - SE MI

Commercial Real Estate Broker · Bloomfield Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I'm a new member to BiggerPockets.  I work in the commercial real estate industry full time and listen to the BiggerPockets podcasts on my commute.  That's how I was introduced to the BP website, forum and blog community.  

I recently started a real estate business with my cousin in law (sounds more complicated that it is) and we've joined the local REIA.  Our investing focus is 2 to 4 unit multi-families.  

I live in Oakland County Michigan and I'm interested in discussing all locations of commercial real estate in this area.

We're focused on investing in:

Birmingham, MI

Royal Oak, MI

Grosse Pointe, MI

Detroit, MI (Woodbridge, Indian Village, Brush Park, M-1 Rail Line)

Ann Arbor, MI 

and any other Michigan locations that people are interested in discussing

So, thanks for having me.  Excited to be part of the community.

Andrew

P.S. To anyone that listens to the podcasts regularly, when is Brandon going to start dishing it back to Josh Dorkin?  

2Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
10y

Hey @Andrew Baines - He dishes it back -- trust me.  I get well more than my share of abuse from the big guy. Thanks for joining up, man.  Nice to have you here on BP.  When you get a sec, upload a personal pic so we can better connect with you as you post across the site.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · South Lyon, MI · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Welcome! I live in Brighton and invest with a partner who lives in Livonia. What rei group did you join?? What are you interested in knowing about these areas?? I have a friend who's likes royal oak but the prices are high compared to something like Redford (where you could buy 4-6 doors for the price of 2 in royal oak and still get a good rental rate!).
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Hey @Andrew Baines - He dishes it back -- trust me.  I get well more than my share of abuse from the big guy. Thanks for joining up, man.  Nice to have you here on BP.  When you get a sec, upload a personal pic so we can better connect with you as you post across the site.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    livonia doesn't make much sense these days.  I have 12 here. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Commerce Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    @George P.  I'm hoping you are talking about but and holds specifically . I just bought my first house to flip in Livonia.  Don't give me a heart attack haha ! 

  • Investor · Commerce Township, MI · Member since 2008 · 98 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @George P. is right as far as buy and holds go, I have been looking in Livonia and everything is quite expensive from a buy and hold perspective.  You will really have to search to find a deal,  there is just not a lot of inventory out there.  I have been looking in surrounding markets for better deals.  Flips are a whole different ball game.

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Bloomfield Hills, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the messages back!  Kind of surprised at the response actually. 

    Mitchell - you're right, the prices are high in Royal Oak. I'm seeing things move quickly at $120k/door and up. We're planning on joining REIA of Oakland County. Do you have any suggestions?

    Not really looking in Livonia but know that the west suburbs are growing. 

    Andrew

  • Member since 2011 · 41 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP.  You've got a pretty wide area where you're looking at and each city has their advantages and disadvantages.

    Are you looking to become a landlord or are you trying to flip homes? The meetup below has a podcast that has a lot of metro detroit specific info. 

    http://www.meetup.com/renegadedetroitinvestors/

  • Rental Property Investor · Dearborn, MI · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 48 votes
    10y

    @Garett H.

    Thanks for sharing about that meet-up!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.