Newbie & Hard Money Lender in Utah

Newbie & Hard Money Lender in Utah

Lender · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 9 votes

Hi BP! I'm a hard money lender in Utah and newbie investor. I'm on the lookout for investing tips and techniques for finding the right property for a flip or buy and hold. 

If anyone has hard money questions, I'd be happy to help.

I'm looking forward to connecting!

3Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer/Broker · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 41 votes
10y

@Mike Krog welcome! Good to have you here and always glad to see locals (Utah) on here. I would suggest checking out the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing. Again, welcome! Hope to see you around the site!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer/Broker · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 41 votes
    10y

    @Mike Krog welcome! Good to have you here and always glad to see locals (Utah) on here. I would suggest checking out the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing. Again, welcome! Hope to see you around the site!

  • Real Estate Agent · Herriman, UT · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Mike Krog Welcome aboard! Finding deals is a challenge, but they're out there. Finding information on BP is a great place to start. There's also great local REIA groups to get involve in. Good luck!
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Mike Krog welcome as a HML you probably have the basic tips worked out and don't need beginner training.. other wise you would not be lending :) you will find a lot of HML questions here and a lot of white noise were the newer investors could really use a does of reality when it comes to what it takes to get a HML...

  • Broker · Logan, UT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Mike Krog,

    Great to see you here.

    Welcome to BP!

  • Lender · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs, you are right. I understand a lot about the business from the hard money side and can recognize a good deal (or exposure position) when I see one. I guess where I lack is the know how to create the right balance when rehabbing a home for flip or rental. What features give the biggest return, like add a bathroom, add a bedroom, etc. without over building in niceties or bedrooms. 

  • Centerville, UT · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Mike Krog I have been looking for HML to kind of pick their brain. Could you give us some insight as to what it takes to get a hard money loan? I am a newbie and have been on the lookout for some properties to flip but I would need a HML and I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.