New wholesaler/investor in Melbourne, FL

New wholesaler/investor in Melbourne, FL

Realtor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

I'm a realtor working out of Melbourne, FL, my office being in Cocoa, FL. I joined BiggerPockets quite a while ago, because of my fledgling interest in real estate investing. I have learned a lot about investing since joining BiggerPockets, but I am now totally ready to spread my wings and get my first deal done. I have loads of ideas, but I am in sore need of a JV partner, to help me on my way. If anyone is interested in partnering with me, to help me with advice/experience, for a 50/50 split on any deals I find, in and around the Melbourne to Cape Canaveral area (even Palm Bay), then I'd love to hear from you!

0Reply
25 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Cathryn,

    I too live in Melbourne, and just starting out in real estate investing. I would like you invite you this Tuesday to our local real estate invest club where the potential of getting a partner is most favorable.

    Central Florida Realty Investors

    Brevard County Chapter

    105 Mcleod Street

    Merritt Island, Fl

    meeting: Tuesday, 19, 2016

    Time: 6:30 p.m.

    hope to see there!

  • Real Estate Agent · tampa, Florida (FL) · Member since 2013 · 206 posts · 96 votes
    10y

    welcome to bigger pockets

  • Realtor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you Mike. I'm very glad to be here. Looking forward to learning a lot and making connections with investors in the Melbourne to Cape Canaveral area.

  • Realtor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you so much Pat. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Brevard County investors club this coming Tuesday (prior engagement), but I'll absolutely get there in the near future! Wonderful to know!

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    You should also start building rapport (and vetting) your own sources for funding.

    Contact me and I will send you some lenders.

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Cathryn Leasure welcome to BP! There are some very helpful folks in the real estate industry here who will provide valuable perspectives on investing in the area.

    What kind of niche are you focusing on currently?

  • Gulfport, MS · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    John Rogers Hey John, which lenders do you recommend? I am looking to refinance my 30 year VA loan that's currently at 4%. Thank you for the help. Kyle
  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    Don't know if it is allowed but... for refinance, try https://www.naca dot com/

  • Realtor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hello Jordan,

    I read your profile, and I think focusing on international student housing is a fantastic idea. I am a realtor, but the idea of real estate investing is really beginning to hit home with me. 

    I am English, and have lived in Florida for 11 years. I have often thought about the idea of being a liaison between the Brits and their needs for housing/vacation homes here in Florida. Of course, I have a lot to learn before heading in that direction, so for now, I am concentrating on finding deals to pass on to rehabbers or buy and hold investors. In fact, I found a deal today, but it is major rehab, and the property has approx $40k in liens and code violations on it (at this point, I have no idea how to fix this kind of problem). After running a few loose numbers though, I think that a $40k profit for a rehabber should be doable, even after paying off the liens and violations. I still have more background investigation to do though before I would be comfortable putting this property 'out there'.

    So, this is where I am up to at this point in time, and I am very much looking forward to making new connections, and learning as much as I can within the BiggerPockets community, whilst hopefully finding some deals that I can make money on in the meantime.

    All the best, and thank you so much for posting on this thread. All communication is gratefully received!

    Cathryn Leasure

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Bay, FL · Member since 2009 · 511 posts · 290 votes
    10y

    @Kyle S. - Keep your 4%.....that's a great loan.  But if you MUST refinance send me a PM...I have an awesome mortgage broker in Viera/Suntree are who is on our team and she may be able to help you out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.