Newbie investor looking to connect - closing first deal

Newbie investor looking to connect - closing first deal

Cortlandt , NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello all on BP!

I am a newbie looking to connect with experienced investors. I currently work /live in NY but looking to invest in South Carolina. I have family there and it's probably our destination for retirement.  My husband was born and raised in SC and we are currently closing our first deal on three Townhomes. (Rentals). I am very motivated and excited to learn as much as possible to better the future of my family. Looking forward to connecting!

1Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 110 votes
10y

Hello from Columbia, SC!
The cool thing here is how far money will go. I am selling a group of five cheap rental houses this week for a client and we'll end up getting about 90 grand for the entire lot of them. Buyer budgeted 2500 a piece to freshen them up and they will all rent immediately for 450 to 550 a piece. He will pay a property manager 8% and forget about them.  Hard to get that sort of return most places.
Best of luck with your first deal, that sounds like a running start.

Chris
South Carolina

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Elizabeth Ward and good luck on the first deal

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Broker · Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 110 votes
    10y

    Hello from Columbia, SC!
    The cool thing here is how far money will go. I am selling a group of five cheap rental houses this week for a client and we'll end up getting about 90 grand for the entire lot of them. Buyer budgeted 2500 a piece to freshen them up and they will all rent immediately for 450 to 550 a piece. He will pay a property manager 8% and forget about them.  Hard to get that sort of return most places.
    Best of luck with your first deal, that sounds like a running start.

    Chris
    South Carolina

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Welcome Elizabeth! We are from Pittsburgh, PA and moved to SC about two years ago. What areas of SC are you looking to invest in?
  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    10y

    @Elizabeth Ward Hi Elizabeth. Welcome to BiggerPockets. I wish you the best in your investing endeavors.....Gary

  • Alexandra D.Pro Member
    New to Real Estate · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Hi Elizabeth! Welcome to BP! We are from PA, we too are looking to move on our first deal shortly. Good luck on closing your first deal! 

  • Wholesaler · Florence, SC · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hey Elizabeth! Welcome to BP! What area of SC does your family live in and what areas of SC are you looking to invest in?

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Elizabeth Ward

    Welcome. 

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    10y

    @Elizabeth Ward welcome to BP! Best/first thing to do is get educated. Read read read! Read books on investing in real estate, listen to the podcasts, attend webinars and stay active on the forums while connecting with other investors in your area and pick a niche. Best of luck!

  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    10y

    Hello @Elizabeth Ward. Welcome to Biggerpockets

    congratulations on the three townhouses

  • Troy GandeeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 794 posts · 454 votes
    10y

    Hi @Elizabeth Ward. Welcome to the site and welcome to real estate investing. I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on your new purchase. I'm a Realtor and investor in Charleston, SC. I would be happy to help if you ever needed any assistance in this area. 

  • Wholesaler · West Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP,I am a wholesaler in the Columbia area. Let's connect!
  • Property Manager · Chapin, SC · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    If you are looking for a PM company, I currently own one and manage 80+ SFR and duplexes in Columbia and West Columbia Areas. I am also a Licensed Broker in Charge.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.