Motivated Newbie in Atlanta Metro Area

Motivated Newbie in Atlanta Metro Area

Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 15 votes
Greetings to all! My name is Edwin L. Ballard, Jr. and I'm a complete newbie to REI and BP. I am currently on the last module of the beginners course and extremely excited. I want to become a RE investor to create freedom to spend time with my family. I want to use RE to create generational wealth for my children and be a positive impact in the lives of others. I just finished listening to the podcast with William Allen and I'm in awe. Tips galore. I know that it's a journey that will lead me to my goals if I put forth the effort! So any REIs in the Atlanta area who have mentored or would like to become a mentor in a win-win relationship, please contact me. I am currently working a W-2 job and would be willing to help your business grow for me to learn the ropes. I look forward to the education and networking in the world of REI! Peace and blessings.
3Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Bill HamptonBusiness Member
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
10y

@Edwin Ballard Jr, welcome to BP. Continue learning from the BP courses and podcasts. They offer a wealth of free education. Also consider joining one of the local real estate investor associations. The GA REIA has a free monthly meeting in College Park, GA that is a good place to learn and network.

I own a tax return preparation, financial planning, and business consulting firm in the Atlanta area. I have extensive experience with and specialize in preparing real estate investor tax returns and setting up LLCs for real estate investors. I have also been a guest speaker at the GA REIA on two occasions. Let me know if i can be of assistance.

Good luck on your journey,

Bill

Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    10y

    @Edwin Ballard Jr, welcome to BP. Continue learning from the BP courses and podcasts. They offer a wealth of free education. Also consider joining one of the local real estate investor associations. The GA REIA has a free monthly meeting in College Park, GA that is a good place to learn and network.

    I own a tax return preparation, financial planning, and business consulting firm in the Atlanta area. I have extensive experience with and specialize in preparing real estate investor tax returns and setting up LLCs for real estate investors. I have also been a guest speaker at the GA REIA on two occasions. Let me know if i can be of assistance.

    Good luck on your journey,

    Bill

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    10y

    @Edwin Ballard Jr

    I appreciate the shout out and I'm glad you got something out of the podcast. If you ever need anything or have questions just shoot me a PM or email. I went to college in Atlanta, great place! Good luck to you and welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    10y

    Hello and welcome to BP!  I think you are in a good place.  This is a great site for people like you where you can learn and get questions answered.  Take your time if you can because prices are kind of high but that does not mean there is not good deals out there.  Just go to an area where investors are having great sucess.  Your market may not be in your back yard.  Know the area you pick to be in and what are it's best locations.  I am 59 years old and I have a bunch of stuff to tell you about me and what you do.

    It is a good idea to select a Team that has members that can help you.  The main/primary Team members are Attornies, real estate Agents, CPA's (or accountants), Inspectors, General Contractors, and Handeymen.  I held a real estate broker license for about 30 years but I never did that full time.  I have been in the construction-related business since I was 17 so I have much experience in that I can share with you.  I was born and raised in Dallas Texas and still live in Dallas County. 

    I have never been to Georgia but I believe in it as a futuristic place that has a bunch of profitability.  Always remember to do math analysis and try to look at property before you make an offer on it or at least have a clause in the sales contract that will allow you some time (usually about 15 days) to inspect the subject property and possibly back out of the deal without a huge penalty, if any.

    My father has been in real estate buying and selling for about 45 years and he has taught me a little bit.  I did close a few deals for other people but I have only done one investment deal for myself.  If you think that I could help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck to you!

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    I already feel so welcomed! Thank you everyone!

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    My cousin is Realtor in the Atlanta Metropolitan area. Please feel free to reach out if you are in need of a Realtor contact!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.