Votes |
Another Military Guy Moving to Colorado Springs

Jarrod Deines
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Crested Butte, CO
Posted Aug 10 2016, 04:59

Good morning BP,

I'm Jarrod Deines and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm not new to the forums, but am new to Colorado Springs. My family and I will be moving to Colorado Springs in the next couple of months and we are very excited about getting involved in Real Estate Investing in the Colorado Springs area. I do own a rowhouse in Washington DC that I have been renting out since 2010, but since we originally purchased this house as a primary residence, I still consider myself very much a beginner investor. I will be transitioning from the Navy in a little over a year, so we are looking at REI to supplement my retirement income.

We are currently working with a realtor to find a primary residence in Colorado Springs using a VA loan, but once we get settled, my wife and I are very interested in expanding our rental property portfolio using a buy and hold strategy. We will be in the Springs next week looking at some properties. We are viewing our yet-to-be purchased primary residence as an investment property, as we are buying the house with the intention of eventually putting it up for rent at some point after the 12 month VA residence requirement is met.

We are very excited to get to Colorado Springs, put down some roots, get involved in Colorado Springs, and just enjoy everything that Colorado has to offer. After 20+ years in the Navy, this will be my final duty station after living in nine other locations around the world over the course of my career.

Thanks,
Jarrod Deines 

Loading replies...