California resident out of state investing

10 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets!

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Dennis Tapert.  I'm 34 years old. I have a wife and two dogs. I currently live in Southern California, but I am looking to start my investing outside of California. I've had my eyes on Michigan for awhile, and as we all know how much josh loves Detroit.  I'm looking to build my business in the Grand Rapids area.

It's not because I'm scared to invest in my area. I just think that I can grow faster in that market.

I would love to meet investors in this area as well as many others too.  I'm VERY charismatic, and extremely outgoing. 

Thanks for your interest in my profile.  I hope to work with you soon

Dennis Tapert

Hello, Dennis, and welcome!  I'm an investor from Ypsilanti, MI (southeast part of the state).  I've got 2 single family rentals, finishing up my first flip, and looking to expand.

What kind of real estate are you interested in?  Let me know if you ever need anything in this area.

Best wishes,

Keri

Welcome!

There are lots of great folks who live here in GR and are actively investing.

I work with a number of local investors, (and am one myself). Grand Rapids has some incredible opportunities. There are a lot of us from GR on BP and I'm sure a few more will make themselves known!

Talk to you soon

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Welcome Dennis. I'm a local active investor, have multiple rentals that I self-manage, currently working on 3 flips ( 2 personal and one for an out of state investor) and am a Realtor with Berkshire Hathaway. 

Love chatting real estate especially over a gourmet coffee; which will be difficult it you're in CA, but I can FaceTime you from my favorite coffee shop!!!

Feel free to get in touch and pick my brain before it disappears!!

Paul ,

I don't think Josh has ever been to Detroit. Metro Detroit is very, very nice, and the city is transforming in a positive way almost daily. But, as I am sure you know, Grand Rapids, while it is in Michigan, is on the other side of the state from Detroit. If you ever want to get involved in the super great Detroit Metro market, let me know.

Good Morning, Dennis.

I'm an agent in the metro Detroit area and I'm working towards specializing as an investor's agent. Let me know if I can be of any help and good luck in your ventures!

Corrie

@Dennis Tapert I am a local realtor, investor, and property manager here in Grand Rapids.  I can't necessarily handle am more buyers, but I can certainly give my opinion on houses, the market rent, functionality and of course I would love to discuss property management. Both @Jake Thomas and @Paul Leason are also very active in real estate contributing often on BP.  Both those guys would be a great start as a buyers agent in GR. 

Wow this is amazing.  Thank you all for your openness to share and help.  I would really like to get in touch with everybody.  I am looking forward to investing I Michigan.  As I mentioned before I've had my eyes on GR for a while.  You can send me an email and we can exchange numbers.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you